Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€350 PC recommendations

Options
  • 01-06-2016 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

The son of a guy i know is building his first PC.

He is only 12 and his monitor is 1024x768 :)

He is looking to do some gaming and would like to do some minor video editing.

I was thinking about building it around a 750Ti maybe but as his budget is only €350 i don't know where to begin

1. What is your budget? [€350]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing] (he mentioned GTA 5)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (No old build to plunder to parts)

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1024x768] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In 30 days]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

moonboy52 wrote: »
    The son of a guy i know is building his first PC.

He is only 12 and his monitor is 1024x768 :)

He is looking to do some gaming and would like to do some minor video editing.

I was thinking about building it around a 750Ti maybe but as his budget is only €350 i don't know where to begin

1. What is your budget? [€350]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing] (he mentioned GTA 5)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (No old build to plunder to parts)

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1024x768] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In 30 days]

Your best bet I reckon is get a second hand desktop and stick a 750ti in it. Something like this?

http://touch.adverts.ie/desktops/dell-i5-4gb-ram-1tb-hdd-win-10-pro-office/10540687

Would probably get it for below asking, maybe 200, easily get a new 750ti for what's left, or they are occasionally in stock at cex secondhand for 110.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Cheers Lu Tze.

Second hand may be an option. €350 is pretty low so it may have to go that route

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Cheers Lu Tze.

Second hand may be an option. €350 is pretty low so it may have to go that route

Only real draw back is u think its only got 270 w psu or something.
    Still as Lu said stick in 750ti Wouldn't be a bad shout at all. Hell maybe in a few months 1000 line might have a new offering that will do.

Advertisement