Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub outside Killarney

Options
  • 01-06-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi there,

Hoping somebody could offer some helpful advice.

I'm heading to Killarney for the bank holiday weekend with a group of friends. We have booked a bus to take us out to Ventry on the Saturday afternoon for a few hours to go to Paidí O'Sé's pub but I've been told by a number of people that it's a bad idea because it'll be at least 1.5 hours each way with the bank holiday traffic.

We don't want to spend 3 hours in total travelling so I'm hoping someone could recommend an alternative pub or location. We're looking for a good pub that's about an hour or less from Killarney. Any suggestion appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Not a fan of Páidí's anyhow. What's your idea of a "good pub?"

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

turniphead wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hoping somebody could offer some helpful advice.

I'm heading to Killarney for the bank holiday weekend with a group of friends. We have booked a bus to take us out to Ventry on the Saturday afternoon for a few hours to go to Paidí O'Sé's pub but I've been told by a number of people that it's a bad idea because it'll be at least 1.5 hours each way with the bank holiday traffic.

We don't want to spend 3 hours in total travelling so I'm hoping someone could recommend an alternative pub or location. We're looking for a good pub that's about an hour or less from Killarney. Any suggestion appreciated.

You should head to kenmare. Should be around 40 mins each way

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Not a fan of Páidí's anyhow. What's your idea of a "good pub?"

I'm far from fussy but ideally for me a good pub would be traditional with a bit of character/history. With the weather expected this weekend a beer garden would be preferable too.

You should head to kenmare. Should be around 40 mins each way

Thanks. Would you know of anywhere in particular in Kenmare?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I dunno about Kenmare, the pubs there are very similar to Killarney, the town is very touristy like Killarney so it's much of a muchness going there. You could go to Top Of Coom which is Ireland's highest pub (although Johnny Fox's is meant to be the highest) it's out the Kenmare direction or you could go to Foley's in Inch, which is about an hour from Killarney.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    I dunno about Kenmare, the pubs there are very similar to Killarney, the town is very touristy like Killarney so it's much of a muchness going there. You could go to Top Of Coom which is Ireland's highest pub (although Johnny Fox's is meant to be the highest) it's out the Kenmare direction or you could go to Foley's in Inch, which is about an hour from Killarney.

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Another vote for the top of coom,Plenty character,modern bar and quality drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Too of coom is exactly what you're looking for.

Advertisement