Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap-water taste around Portmarnock

Options
  • 02-06-2016 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice it tasting off the last few weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Anyone else notice it tasting off the last few weeks?

It always tastes 'chemical' in Skerries, even after using a filter. I drank the tap water in northern italy (unfiltered) and it was like the best bottled water - no chlorinated taste at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Some times here in Lusk, the smell of ozone or chlorine would knock you out,especially in the shower,water taste's ok - it's horrible stuff without whiskey in it imo ,having said that I would not be surprised if it came to pass that half the disease's in the country came from it.
    I was looking at one of the old water pump's on the side of the road today up toward's Baldungan,God the water from them on a hot day like today was like mana from heaven,when we were kid's you could stand under them while somebody pumped the handle and scream like hell from the cold,it's a pity today's kid's will never know that feeling and freedom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Here in Swords it was a bit weird last week after work was done on the mains at the Lord Mayor's. It's better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Some time's the water has a metalic taste here in Lusk, that water main at the Lord Mayor's must hold some sort of world record at this stage for the amount of blow out's ,I don't think I can remember a year when it has't blown at least twise.

Advertisement