Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog training clubs with a view to competing

• 02-06-2016 8:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

Thought this may be the place to ask.

I'm looking for a dog training club anywhere in Dublin that would offer good foundations into competing (agility and obedience being the main areas I'm thinking of) its been a bit of a goal of mine to do it, I just don't know where to start!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

The IADSA are holding an event in Athy, Kildare this weekend, competitions and fun activities, are you on their FB group? I'd say most, if not all, people who do agility and obedience competitively in Ireland will be there, so you could find people in the area you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

muddypaws wrote: »
    The IADSA are holding an event in Athy, Kildare this weekend, competitions and fun activities, are you on their FB group? I'd say most, if not all, people who do agility and obedience competitively in Ireland will be there, so you could find people in the area you want.

Yeah I actually am on their FB group (didn't realise, I'll be sure to keep tabs now!) but of course I won't be able to go as I'm working this weekend. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

VonVix wrote: »
    Yeah I actually am on their FB group (didn't realise, I'll be sure to keep tabs now!) but of course I won't be able to go as I'm working this weekend. :(

Ah no. Send a message to the admins on the group, Nuala would be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

muddypaws wrote: »
    Ah no. Send a message to the admins on the group, Nuala would be able to point you in the right direction.

Great stuff, just dropped her a message. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

VonVix wrote: »
    Great stuff, just dropped her a message. Thank you!

Keep an eye on wtci.ie the events page it lists all the competition's coming up both north and south of the border.
    Club wise there are a few in the Dublin area. The biggest club would be Dublin Dog Training based out in Swords, classes there run all weekend and currently a couple of evenings a week

As mentioned above the vast majority of competing agility handlers will be in athy this weekend ( heading there myself tomorrow :) )

Edited to add- Iadsa don't currently have much involvement with the obedience side of the world
    There is classes I believe a lot of the competition people go to in north side dog club on a Thursday near finglas

• Advertisement
Advertisement