Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 Texts Being Blocked on Virgin Mobile

• 02-06-2016 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a long time BOI customer and used 365 regularly.  When I add a payee now, I receive no text with the relevant code.

BOI customer service can see the text has been sent and thus say they can do nothing.

Virgin customer service say this is because BOI has not added Virgin Mobile to a "database" and say that similarly issues have occurred.

Can you clarify this?  As it stands, my 365 usage is completely pointless if I can't add payee's with verification by phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi,

I am a long time BOI customer and used 365 regularly.  When I add a payee now, I receive no text with the relevant code.

BOI customer service can see the text has been sent and thus say they can do nothing.

Virgin customer service say this is because BOI has not added Virgin Mobile to a "database" and say that similarly issues have occurred.

Can you clarify this?  As it stands, my 365 usage is completely pointless if I can't add payee's with verification by phone.

Good Afternoon brian_foley

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie[/size][/color]

We have not received any reports of this previously, but will report this to our IT Support Team straight away. I do apologise for the inconvenience and if we get a resolution here we will forward it to you straight away. 

Thanks,
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

Thank you,

Virgin Mobile informed me in no uncertain terms (I should have copied the text) that they received complaints about this and their view is that institutions (or the service providers they are using for texting this kind of thing) needed to specifically add Virgin Mobile (or, more accurately, I presume some sort of authentication procedure) to their systems.

I simply can't receive the texts and BOI insist they are being sent and can see them on their system, so I'm in a quandry.

I look forward to the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

Hi,

I'm raising this again because I still cannot receive 365 texts and Virgin INSIST it is a problem on your end. You did not follow-up with this previously and I note it is being raised on other threads by other users who refer in turn back to this thread.

In short BOI blame Virgin and Virgin blame BOI. Would it not make sense to try and make some headway in solving this?

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

If you do not get a code it may be because your network provider does not support short code texts (i.e 50400). These networks include:
    · Lycamobile
    · 48 Mobile
    · Post Mobile
    · Virgin Mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Tow

However, VB say they do support support short code texts, but they have a 'small' problem with some SMS message from some companies and they will fix it.  However, they have major problem with major companies and have done nothing to fix it for over a year+.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement