Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone used a croozer bike trailer / baby stroller?

Options
  • 02-06-2016 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

hey, am thinking of biting the bullet and buying one of these for transporting my now 3 1/2 month old.

i need to start running training for an adventure race later in the year and had always planned on buying a trailer when he'd be old enough anyway. these seem to do both jobs very well and i can buy a booster for him while he's too small to sit properly into the basic trailer.

would appreciate any comments / thought on them, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Never tried that barnd, but trailer/stroller units can be very good. The Chariot Cougar has done great work in both capacities for me for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Chariot (now Thule) Corsaire double trailer user here - its a brilliant gear as long as your kid(s) like being in it. Both of mine love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

I've a chariot cx1 trailer/stroller which has been fantastic for every use we've thrown at it, I don't have the single front wheel for running but the front castors worked well for what we need it for as it rolls really well.

I do daily commutes with the trailer in tow, took it on the great dublin bike ride last september, we take it for day trips (zoo, wicklow walks etc) as it can accomodate more baggage than your typical stroller and the baby can sleep comfortably inside. I think it's about 14kg in weight but you dont feel it as it rolls extremely well. We're actually awaiting delivery of the two seater version as we're expecting number 2 shortly and i'm torn between whether to keep the single seater aswell or use it to pay for the upgrade.

When we used it first i noticed that the baby was a bit dozy getting out of the trailer so i borrowed a gopro and recorded a trip and as it turned out the baby was perfectly comfortable looking around at the cars/traffic and was actually just falling asleep just as we were getting to our destination. Chariot/Thule do a baby harness (similar to a hammock) that's approved from 3 months+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Chariot/Thule do a baby harness (similar to a hammock) that's approved from 3 months+

Incidentally I have one to part with if someone's
    expecting number 2 shortly
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

That's awful convenient :) ours is being delivered to us week after next so if it fits then i'd definitely be interested in taking it off your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

thanks for all the replies, lot of chariot owners here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

just to round this out a bit - i bought the croozer trailer which comes with the jogging wheel and buggy wheel as well as the trailer attachment. i also bought the infant sling which meant that he could go into it from 3 months.

he loves it! it's basically all we use now for when we're trying to get him to sleep on the move and he falls asleep especially easily when it's used as the trailer. had him out on dollymount strand yesterday slowly cycling on the compacted sand as he slept and not a bother on him.

running wise it's great too, very easy / light to push.

Advertisement