Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suncream for over makeup

Options
  • 02-06-2016 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations on a spray suncream that could be reapplied over makeup during the day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I've heard Bioderma have a spray on sun screen for over makeup - I haven't seen it myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I've heard Bioderma have a spray on sun screen for over makeup - I haven't seen it myself though

Le Roche posay have one coming out too was in the Irish Times gloss magazine today

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I haven't heard of the Bioderma one but am going to get the LRP one when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Thanks guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

This is really interesting! I'll keep an eye out for the Bioderma and LRP products. I wear SPF under my foundation during the day but would be great to be able to top up throughout the day, especially whilst on holiday.

• Advertisement

Got the LRP one today! It was 12 euro in my local pharmacy. Will try it out tomorrow and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can get foundation or BB creams which have SPF. That's what I do personally

dudara wrote: »
    You can get foundation or BB creams which have SPF. That's what I do personally

True, but a dermatologist told me that SPF in foundation is never enough. Say for example it says SPF15 (which I think is typically - my Estee Lauder Double wear is that I think), but that can really only be achieved by wearing it inch thick on your face, which of course no one in their right mind wants to do. In reality you're maybe getting half of the protection advertised, maybe not even.

I wear Image SPF 50 under my foundation, but i like the idea of a spray I can top up without having to remove my make up. Probably not necessary most of the time, but for holidays/weather like we're having at the moment, I think It'd like it.

I've been wearing extra SPF for about 5 years and I think its serving me well! I also don't smoke and drink water by the bucket load, so who knows whats really working, but sure everything helps I hope!

I was told the same thing by a dermatologist so that's why I wear a separate SPF.
    I tried the LRP SPF 50 mist on Saturday and was happy with the results. My makeup wasn't perfect at 9pm that evening but considering that I had not even powdered my face since applying it that morning it was no worse than I would normally expect it to be. Going to try it again tomorrow afternoon during a normal working day, that will be the real test!

rougegal wrote: »
    I was told the same thing by a dermatologist so that's why I wear a separate SPF.
    I tried the LRP SPF 50 mist on Saturday and was happy with the results. My makeup wasn't perfect at 9pm that evening but considering that I had not even powdered my face since applying it that morning it was no worse than I would normally expect it to be. Going to try it again tomorrow afternoon during a normal working day, that will be the real test!

Is this the one you got? http://www.laroche-posay.ie/product-treatments/Anthelios/Anthelios-SPF-50-Ultra-Light-Invisible-face-mist-p21204.aspx

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it!

• Advertisement

Yes, that's the one I have, it was 12 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

i have been putting my normal suncream (factor 50) on my naked face first and then putting my make up on. Is this ok?

Nothing in the world would make me sacrifice my skin,,, especially on my face!

I have a wedding in July and if the weather is warm i'll need something good.

Pink11 wrote: »
    i have been putting my normal suncream (factor 50) on my naked face first and then putting my make up on. Is this ok?

Nothing in the world would make me sacrifice my skin,,, especially on my face!

I have a wedding in July and if the weather is warm i'll need something good.
    That's what I do too, I just consider sunscreen part of my morning skincare routine now and put it on after my moisturiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I am looking for something similar, would love to hear your thoughts on the LRP one.

I see Boots have it for €22, if its good, I'll keep an eye out and see can I get it for €12.

http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Anthelios-Ultra-Light-Spray-SPF-50-200ml_1102630/

I just realised that I never posted how the LRP mist performed on a 'normal' day for me. It was far from normal conditions really - 24 degrees that day!
    I gave my face a quick spritz of the mist at about 3pm. I sit at a window one side of my face was in direct sunlight so really felt the need for a top up. The spritz felt very light going on and dried in a few seconds. My makeup looked no worse than usual at 9pm that night so I'd consider it a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I am looking for something similar, would love to hear your thoughts on the LRP one.

I see Boots have it for €22, if its good, I'll keep an eye out and see can I get it for €12.

http://www.boots.ie/en/La-Roche-Posay-Anthelios-Ultra-Light-Spray-SPF-50-200ml_1102630/
    This is not the same product, it's a sun cream rather than the face mist. I've looked in a few South Dublin pharmacies and none seem to have the face mist in stock. Where have people picked it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

That's what I do too, I just consider sunscreen part of my morning skincare routine now and put it on after my moisturiser.

Absolutely. I've been told so many times that you should wear sunscreen everyday on your face. I think in Ireland we should try and do it Spring/Summer at least!

I just realised that I never posted how the LRP mist performed on a 'normal' day for me. It was far from normal conditions really - 24 degrees that day!
    I gave my face a quick spritz of the mist at about 3pm. I sit at a window one side of my face was in direct sunlight so really felt the need for a top up. The spritz felt very light going on and dried in a few seconds. My makeup looked no worse than usual at 9pm that night so I'd consider it a success.

Great news! haven't managed to track it down so far but will check another few pharmacies over the weekend.

I use this : https://www.imageskincare.com/products/prevention-daily-ultimate-protection-moisturizer-spf50-3-2oz

I find it great because its SPF 50 and a moisturiser all in one. I put it on straight after my shower and let it dry in while i brush my hair etc. Then straight on with my foundation.

I don't like having too many layers in the morning as I take long enough getting ready as it is!

Only downside is that its about €40, so a bit pricey, but the skin on my face is invaluable to me!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I tested the LRP last week at Forbidden Fruit, I sprayed it on over a full face of make up and it all stayed in place perfectly, and I didn't get burned at all. Must pick up my own one if the sun comes back out! I wonder if you could spray it on your scalp..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

Twee. wrote: »
    I tested the LRP last week at Forbidden Fruit, I sprayed it on over a full face of make up and it all stayed in place perfectly, and I didn't get burned at all. Must pick up my own one if the sun comes back out! I wonder if you could spray it on your scalp..?

That would be amazing! Is there any scalp sunscreen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

There's hair sunscreen so I presume it would protect your scalp too.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Got the LRP one today! It was 12 euro in my local pharmacy. Will try it out tomorrow and report back.
    Been trying to look for the ingredients but unsuccessful. Would you mind listing them please so I can check against my list of things I must steer clear of? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I bought a scalp and hair sun cream by Malibu online. It was dirt cheap but a life saver for me, my scalp burns easier than anywhere else and I hate wearing hats when it's really warm out!

Advertisement