Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my deposit back on a rented house?

Options
  • 02-06-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi
    I was wondering what my rights are regarding my deposit. I was living with three other people in a house share but I had to move back home this May. I gave my landlord one months notice. I initially did not ask my landlord for my deposit back as my housemate said he would pay it as they are staying on for the rest of tenancy which is up in October. Can I still request my deposit back from my landlord? Or do I have to wait for the tennancy to be up? Any adivce would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Were you renting a room or was it a joint lease with all of your names on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Caceyjones

Were you renting a room or was it a joint lease with all of your names on it?

It was a lease with all our names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Caceyjones wrote: »
    It was a lease with all our names.

Then you will have to wait until the lease ends and all tenants vacate unless otherwise stated in the lease.

You can ask the landlord for the deposit now but he does not have to give it to you. He might though so no harm in asking.

Advertisement