Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lens & accesories for Fuji Finepix S2 Pro

• 02-06-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

New addition to this forum, I have recently picked up a Fuji FinePix S2 Pro body only. I will need to source a charger, battery and a lens for general use, nothing professional, just starting off myself as a hobby.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

from reading the specs, lenses should not be an issue, as it seems to take standard nikkor lenses.
    also, the primary battery source seems to be 4 x AA batteries - if so, should not be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

from reading the specs, lenses should not be an issue, as it seems to take standard nikkor lenses.
    also, the primary battery source seems to be 4 x AA batteries - if so, should not be an issue.

though it's missing an aperture tab, so older manual AI and AIS lenses will mount but not meter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

The Fuji S2 pro is effectively a Nikon D100 body with Fuji internals. So anything Nikon that would work on a D100 should work on a Fuji S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kop-end

Thank you all for the terrific responses.
    Could anyone point me in the direction of a place to purchase reasonably price lenses?
    Again, I am a total newbie and just need a basic lens?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you want a zoom lens, a kit 18-55mm would be the cheapest place to start. i'd also recommend a nikon 35mm f1.8 if you want to have more low light capability and control over depth of field.
    the 35mm would cost a shade over €200 in a shop in dublin, but you could probably get the kit 18-55mm for €50 less, new. obviously the secondhand market would have cheaper than that.
    are you based in dublin?

• Advertisement

pete4130 wrote: »
    The Fuji S2 pro is effectively a Nikon D100 body with Fuji internals. So anything Nikon that would work on a D100 should work on a Fuji S2.

Technically an F80 with fuji digital bits, the D100 was also designed by the guy who did the F80 so it's quite similar in functionality (digital sensor notwithstanding). The biggest flaw in both the D100 and the S2 was leaving off the aperture tab, something they didn't rectify until the S5, which shared the same body as the D200.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kop-end

if you want a zoom lens, a kit 18-55mm would be the cheapest place to start. i'd also recommend a nikon 35mm f1.8 if you want to have more low light capability and control over depth of field.
    the 35mm would cost a shade over €200 in a shop in dublin, but you could probably get the kit 18-55mm for €50 less, new. obviously the secondhand market would have cheaper than that.
    are you based in dublin?

Thanks for the response, Yes I am based in Dublin. Any particular shops / online places to begin searching? Second hand would be preferable.

kop-end wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, Yes I am based in Dublin. Any particular shops / online places to begin searching? Second hand would be preferable.

Adverts.ie, you can arrange to meet up and inspect before you buy, if you pick sellers in Dublin. Conns typically have some (overpriced) 2nd hand stock as do Berminghams. Otherwise Ebay is your man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Technically an F80 with fuji digital bits, the D100 was also designed by the guy who did the F80 so it's quite similar in functionality (digital sensor notwithstanding). The biggest flaw in both the D100 and the S2 was leaving off the aperture tab, something they didn't rectify until the S5, which shared the same body as the D200.

Thats right, The D100 was based on the F80.

The S1 was based on the F60 or something?

Advertisement