Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband gone

Options
  • 02-06-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I moved to Eir last Thursday. The engineer had to repair a fault on the line, before I had broadband, and the modem installed. Over the next few days, the broadband signal was weak, and then became intermittent. It failed completely again on Sunday. Rang Eir to report fault at the beginning of the week, but still waiting on it to be repaired. Rang again this morning, to be told that the call/fault at the beginning of the week wasn't logged correctly????? I'm supposed to have 14 days "cooling off period" if I want to cancel the service - but I haven't been able to use to service to see if it's any good??? Also, I'll need the accounts sorted so I'm not charged for a service I'm unable to access. I have a reference number for the call logged.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi, I moved to Eir last Thursday. The engineer had to repair a fault on the line, before I had broadband, and the modem installed. Over the next few days, the broadband signal was weak, and then became intermittent. It failed completely again on Sunday. Rang Eir to report fault at the beginning of the week, but still waiting on it to be repaired. Rang again this morning, to be told that the call/fault at the beginning of the week wasn't logged correctly????? I'm supposed to have 14 days "cooling off period" if I want to cancel the service - but I haven't been able to use to service to see if it's any good??? Also, I'll need the accounts sorted so I'm not charged for a service I'm unable to access. I have a reference number for the call logged.
    Hi  mister bassett,

Thanks for getting in touch.  I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. 

Can you PM me the reference number and I will take a look into this.
    You will also not be charged for any days you were unable to use the service and I will arrange for these charges to be removed from your account.

-Pamela 

Advertisement