Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price hike on overclockers and mindfactory

Options
  • 02-06-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I've had my eye on two monitors the past week or 2 and they're price has shot up dramatically, I was looking at a 1440p dell on mindfactory for 480 euro 2 weeks later it's 588 euro, It wasn't on special. I noticed today that an acer monitor on overclockers had i's price upped 10 pound from the time I clicked add to basket and added the rest of the stuff I wanted to buy. I noticed that there are only 2 left in stock for the dell monitor would this be the reason for the price increase? Is there a chance the price will reduce once they go out of stock and get a new batch?

link to Dell monitor It's says it's on special price when it was 480 a week ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Yup, its £50 more then when I got it a few months a go, strange.
    OCUK is out of stock, so maybe that price doesn't reflect the real price once its back anyway. No way to know until its back I guess.

You could try amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2716DG-27-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01784K78A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464878858&sr=8-1&keywords=S2716DG using parcel motel if necessary. The box is big though!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PCSharkey

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Yup, its £50 more then when I got it a few months a go, strange.
    OCUK is out of stock, so maybe that price doesn't reflect the real price once its back anyway. No way to know until its back I guess.

You could try amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2716DG-27-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01784K78A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464878858&sr=8-1&keywords=S2716DG using parcel motel if necessary. The box is big though!

the acer has gone back down to it's original price after 5 hours at 388

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mindfactory goods are usually when out of stock, yeah. Haven't spent long enough stalking a particular product that I've noticed them raising the price as the stock depletes, but almost everything I've bought from them lowers when gone and raises once in stock.

grindle wrote: »
    Mindfactory goods are usually when out of stock, yeah. Haven't spent long enough stalking a particular product that I've noticed them raising the price as the stock depletes, but almost everything I've bought from them lowers when gone and raises once in stock.

They will hopefully be out of stock soon but I have to pull the trigger on the Acer before next Wednesday when it will surely shoot back up, appreciate the heads up lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I've had open baskets in both vendor sites for the last few days while I weighed up the pro's and cons of ordering what from whom. For most items it was a fiver or tenner up or down on both sites day to day but invariably balancing out so that the total in either basket didn't change much nor the relative price difference between the two. The one biggy though was the LG 34UC98W Ultrawide Monitor. Went from €940 to about €990 on OCUK whereas on Mindfactory it went from €1150 or thereabouts down to €920!!

I rang OCUK the other day. First thing I did was confirm my order number for an Asus Strix GTX1080 for £629 (€835) to show I wasn't a time waster. I told the sales Rep there was another potential order to the value of GBP£2000 up for grabs if he could do something for me on the price. Mindfactory was about €320 cheaper at the basket for the same order but I knew the monitors and PC case shipping fee's and Paypal Fee's would reduce the saving to about €200. All OCUK had to do was hit the 5% discount mark and they would have gotten the order. They couldn't be arsed getting back to me so Fcuk 'em. They lost the PC order. So I ordered the PC internals from Mindfactory, the Monitors and Case from Amazon and the 1080 I left with OCUK.

Can someone tell me why my Mindfactory €29.99 shipping fee turned into €50 though?? Remember, I didn't order monitors or case from them in the end, just the PC internals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'm placing an high price order soon too and I've noticed that Scan.co.uk don't apply the Irish vat rate. They are cheaper for most things than OCUK already. I'm after the same 1080 as you, it was listed on both sites earlier this week for £619.99 but its now jumped to £659.99 on both and that's before OCUK slap on the extra vat. I've emailed Scan to see if they can do anything on price for me for my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

OCUK similar to amazon, fluctuate price based no stock levels. In my experience anyway. One week you can save a few quid, the next your spending a bit more.

TheDoc wrote: »
    OCUK similar to amazon, fluctuate price based no stock levels. In my experience anyway. One week you can save a few quid, the next your spending a bit more.

Yeah the dell monitor on ocuk has shot up to 639 now too, I'm sick I missed that deal. If the acer is still 480 euro next week I'm going to buy it, it goes off sale on wednesday and based on other sites it will shoot up to the mid 500s.

Calibos wrote: »
    I've had open baskets in both vendor sites for the last few days while I weighed up the pro's and cons of ordering what from whom. For most items it was a fiver or tenner up or down on both sites day to day but invariably balancing out so that the total in either basket didn't change much nor the relative price difference between the two. The one biggy though was the LG 34UC98W Ultrawide Monitor. Went from €940 to about €990 on OCUK whereas on Mindfactory it went from €1150 or thereabouts down to €920!!

I rang OCUK the other day. First thing I did was confirm my order number for an Asus Strix GTX1080 for £629 (€835) to show I wasn't a time waster. I told the sales Rep there was another potential order to the value of GBP£2000 up for grabs if he could do something for me on the price. Mindfactory was about €320 cheaper at the basket for the same order but I knew the monitors and PC case shipping fee's and Paypal Fee's would reduce the saving to about €200. All OCUK had to do was hit the 5% discount mark and they would have gotten the order. They couldn't be arsed getting back to me so Fcuk 'em. They lost the PC order. So I ordered the PC internals from Mindfactory, the Monitors and Case from Amazon and the 1080 I left with OCUK.

Can someone tell me why my Mindfactory €29.99 shipping fee turned into €50 though?? Remember, I didn't order monitors or case from them in the end, just the PC internals.

I was going to buy a monitor and all the components for build off them but it's cheaper to go with OCUK after factoring in 60 euro shipping, God I wish we had prices like the yanks 700 euro for a low end 1080 is ridiculous :(.

The mind factory extra shipping charges for case and monitor more than wiped out the price differential between them and Amazon.co.uk which made the decision for those items easy as Amazon returns are infinitely easier to process.

• Advertisement

My Mindfactory order just shipped and I got tracking details. It'll be here on Thursday.

I looked at the attached invoice and it showed €29.99 shipping and €20.94 transaction costs.

Wait, wheres this €50 Shipping cost I posted on boards about the other day?

I then looked at the Mindfactory invoice email I received when the order went through a few days ago. €29.99 shipping and €20.94 Paypal Express Fee.

Aha! So thats where the €50 for 'Shipping' came from. Hold On? Where did I see the €50 'Shipping' figure then if all my emails from Mindfactory correctly itemise the shipping and Paypal charges??

Ironically it was the invoice email sent from Paypal for the Mindfactory order that had no mention of Paypal fee's and just one item called Shipping and Handling for €50

I always knew there was 1.9% Paypal fees to add to the order but assumed it must have been rolled into each items price on that Paypal Mindfactory invoice.

Yeah defo not 50 notes. I placed my order today and shipping was 29.99 too. It won't shop until they have my 1080 though.

superg wrote: »
    Yeah defo not 50 notes. I placed my order today and shipping was 29.99 too. It won't shop until they have my 1080 though.

I knew they charge 29.99 extra for cases and monitors and assumed that my particular combo of internal PC components must have breeched their standard shipping box size and pushed me over into two shipping boxes triggering extra shipping fees like the cases and monitors. Happy to see that turned out not to be the case.

Was the german vat rate too which is nice. Charging customers the Paypal fee was and always will be a scandalous joke though.

Advertisement