Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead motherboards, not sure what to replace it with

Options
  • 02-06-2016 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I build a pc a few years ago with the speck in th post below, but alas my motherboard had died and I need to replace it. The problem is I can't seem to get the same model, and am not sure what to replace it with.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77293585&postcount=3

The tl;dr is the motherboard is an ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT, Sockel 1155, ITX and I have 16GB of RAM in it. It needs to run two monitors, like the previous boards with either two hdmi or 1 hdmi and 1 DVI.

Any ideas as to what I could replace it with?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

No ideas for this guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

2nd hand most likely. The problem is the fact that it has to be ITX, which makes it more difficult. It's still possible to buy 1155 motherboards new, but mostly cheap H81 chipsets and in matx factor. I'm sure if you have a good look on adverts or ebay it shouldn't be too hard to find an ITX mobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

2nd hand most likely. The problem is the fact that it has to be ITX, which makes it more difficult. It's still possible to buy 1155 motherboards new, but mostly cheap H81 chipsets and in matx factor. I'm sure if you have a good look on adverts or ebay it shouldn't be too hard to find an ITX mobo.

Thanks TerrorFirmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

similar situation recently and this did the job for me.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262421909337?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    shocks at how 1155 is out of date so fast. the processor still works for gaming so didn't see any reason to get a new intel cpu

Advertisement