Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leg waxing & hair growth

• 02-06-2016 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I have been waxing my legs for years and I only wax, don't use a razor in between. I get them waxed at least every 4 weeks, 6 weeks max.

The hairs seem to start to grow within a week and as i have dark hair I can see little bits of hair on my legs and find its a nuisance especially in this good weather when i want to wear shorts all the time.

Is it worth ditching the waxing of my legs and just using a razor or does this happen to the majority of people.

I also wax bikini and underarm and I don't have the same problem, the hair hardly grows back in those areas at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

This happens to me too, I only get one good week out of a wax. Thankfully my hair is quite fair (considering how dark the hair on my head is!) so I can get away with it for a bit longer, but it stops feeling good after about a week.

I've my underarms and bikinis lazered, and if my leg hair was a bit darker, I'd get that lazered too. Not a quick solution, but worth it in the long term IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Had my first leg wax two weeks ago. The most painful experience ever! I'm very dark and hair coarse so that didn't help.

I got just about a week out of it but not huge regrowth, putting that down to the hair growth stages. I was actually happy with that as I would barely get a day out of shaving.

I can't justify the cost or pain but liked getting g a week out of it so I ordered an epilator that arrived. From experience many years ago I thought the pain would be horrific but to my surprise it wasn't at all. The wax probably helped. Plan to keep epilating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What sort of wax are they using? Is it a good waxing salon? Sounds to me as though the hairs may be breaking. (Is it fine regrowth or is it stubbly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I've the same issue. I had to shave mine a week ago for an event and there Is only a tiny bit of regrowth and I'm due a wax in 3 weeks so will see and maybe get them waxed again.

My friend says she gets them waxed like sept-may and shaves June July and August. I love waxing but they just don't stay smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

What sort of wax are they using? Is it a good waxing salon? Sounds to me as though the hairs may be breaking. (Is it fine regrowth or is it stubbly)

The regrowth I get is usually very fine so breakage is a possibility I suppose. I've had my waxing done in numerous (often fancy/well known) salons over the years and have always had this issue.

Maybe my hair just isnt strong enough? I've had beauticians comment before on how fine it is.

I now mostly only bother waxing for holidays etc, otherwise its really not worth it for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement