Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo at E3 2016

• 02-06-2016 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭

Might as well start a new thread for this, less than 2 weeks to go.

Their plans are still pretty flimsy (Source).
    Really hoping for some unannounced surprises (they're in trouble if this is all they are showing).

Day 1:

Nintendo heads to E3 once again and brings the coverage directly to you with a two-day program from Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3! Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT on June 14 for a day of live-streaming gameplay focused on The Legend of Zelda for Wii U and first live gameplay of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon that kicks off the program!

Day 2:

Day 2 of Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 will showcase upcoming releases for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE! Day 2 will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A at 10 a.m. PT on June 15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mad. I'd been thinking of making this thread for the past couple of days. Meant to do it yesterday as it was the 1st June, so created it today, come back and find you'd beaten me by about 10 minutes. Really weird. I'll delete it now.

Edit: Good one of the mods deleted it as there wasn't an option for me to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,711 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Aye aye aye. Not exactly overwhelming. I mean, I'm gonna buy Zelda the second it's out anyway, don't even want to hear any more about it. Just a date.

And then...what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Zelda will be an insta-buy for me of course (probably on both formats, even though I won't own an NX until 2018 probably). But yeah, if that's all they have, sigh :(

It's mad, there's serious hype building behind the PS4K/PSVR...and all the while Nintendo are delighted to inform us Minecraft is coming to the Wii U. What do they be thinking half the time. I'm dying for E3, but if I knew Nintendo were unveiling the NX there the hype would be tenfold for me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

mvbXajO.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

hopefully there will be some new main title games at e3 for the 3ds aswell apart from pokemon, id be delighted if there were a few surprises for the wiiU but :/

• Advertisement

CkBtRe4XAAA3YXP.jpg:large

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water..."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Zelda will be an insta-buy for me of course (probably on both formats, even though I won't own an NX until 2018 probably). But yeah, if that's all they have, sigh :(

It's mad, there's serious hype building behind the PS4K/PSVR...and all the while Nintendo are delighted to inform us Minecraft is coming to the Wii U. What do they be thinking half the time. I'm dying for E3, but if I knew Nintendo were unveiling the NX there the hype would be tenfold for me.

Definite jizz in my pants time if they showed off the new hardware there.
    But they won't, so no youtube link from me :(

There's nothing upcoming for the WiiU aside from Zelda U
    That's it.
    And, by the time that's out, I'll have saved up the pennies for the NX.
    I know many at Nintendo are gamers, like us, so why don't they have the awareness of what their target market needs?
    Why are they behaving like a bunch of petulant artists, "when it's ready, it's ready" cr@p?

Will Zelda Wii U be the final Ninty game on the system?

http://e3.nintendo.com/#

Where you're greeted by the Shiekah/Lens of Truth symbol.
    27442205572_bf411e4836_o_d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice site (click the arrow at the bottom for more)

I really hope there will be some surprises next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I hope so too for Nintendos sake.

Well done Nintendo. And so it begins.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/console-wars-heat-again-230400345.html

NX? What's that? Not a single mention. Massive opportunity missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm still annoyed we're not getting a direct, but if it was a lame direct like last year full of disposable nonsense, I'd rather avoid it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sligeach wrote: »
    Well done Nintendo. And so it begins.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/console-wars-heat-again-230400345.html

NX? What's that? Not a single mention. Massive opportunity missed.

You'll love the first minute and a half of this about Nintendo! :pac:

Language NSFW.

It wasn't just like some random article either. It was a headline story on the Yahoo site. Nintendo need mindshare and E3 gets you that.

Even the whole 'treehouse' thing, it just screams kiddie things. I know it isn't that, but it doesn't help with the current negative perception of Nintendo not being a serious player in the console market. Anyhow, lets see what they come up with for the treehouse thing...as mentioned above, a few nice surprises certainly wouldn't go amiss right about now

Man not having nintendo at E3 really takes a lot of the excitement away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Man not having nintendo at E3 really takes a lot of the excitement away.

I think we all feel your pain but...

You never know.

We might just, instead, see some work by 3rd parties, destined for the Nintendo platforms.
    I know it's not as exciting as new hardware, but it could be a little interesting.
    And it'll be from the floor rather than a fancy stage.

I don't know!

I'm plucking at straws here!

Cidey looks to have hit stage 6....still at stage four myself

Myrddin wrote: »
    Cidey looks to have hit stage 6....still at stage four myself

Me, at the lack of NX information and game demos at E3'16

ahh.png

Or rather
    937e6060a95ac57baa35851ffb32c892.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

But it's about this image from neogaf

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkxTiaCUUAME8QU.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Judging by the responses to the EA and Bethesda offerings at E3 I think Zelda will easily be game of the show.
    It depends on what Sony and MS bring to the table but if Zelda is as good as it appears, the other formats won't stand a chance.

Well dull remasters and stuff that's coming 'sometime in the future but is also gonna be delayed cos we announced it too early' isn't very interesting is it really.

There might be a couple of surprises over the next few days after all.
    With GameSpot, it may be worth keeping an eye on their coverage. The site has listed “New Nintendo game” twice – one for Tuesday, and again for Wednesday (presumably two different titles).

On Tuesday, Nintendo will be showing up at 2:20 PM PT / 5:20 PM ET. Then on Wednesday, Nintendo will be back at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET.

http://nintendoeverything.com/gamespots-e3-streaming-schedule-lists-new-nintendo-games-for-tuesday-and-wednesday/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well Just Dance 2017 has been announced for NX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well Just Dance 2017 has been announced for NX

Best news ever said no one ever. Evil shovel ware like this should be banned.

• Advertisement

Well both Sony and Microsoft had lame conferences this year. Don't see how Nintendo can do any worse!

Mr E wrote: »

Confirmation that the "new nintendo game" is Zelda. Ah well. :)

http://nintendoeverything.com/the-game-being-shown-on-gamespots-stream-is-the-new-zelda/

Well both Sony and Microsoft had lame conferences this year. Don't see how Nintendo can do any worse!

Of course they can do worse!
    There is no floor beneath which one can't fall for a disastrous showing at E3!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Of course they can do worse!
    There is no floor for a disastrous showing at E3!

Yeah I'd rather have like, nintendo going in depth on zelda then 4 other games then that nonsense. 20 minutes on Virtual Reality with Sony, christ almighty.

Today is Z Day! Less than 6 hours to go. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Nintendo's stuff starts at 5 today our time?

• Advertisement

Nintendo's stuff starts at 5 today our time?

It starts at 5p.m. our time but I think they're starting with Pokemon first before moving onto Zelda U/NX.

Yup, their "Tree House" broadcast should kick off at 5pm.

I only finish up at 5:30 :(

So the footage we're going to see of Zelda later - will it be running on PC or are folks actually going to be playing it on a Wii-U?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    So the footage we're going to see of Zelda later - will it be running on PC or are folks actually going to be playing it on a Wii-U?

I'd imagine a Wii U. The Wii U version of the game is probably nearly finished if not already so, only the NX has caused another delay.

Yeah, it'll be the Wii U version, they wouldn't risk putting it playable on the NX before they'd even announced the console!

• Advertisement

Hopefully it looks great. Will be interesting to see how much the gamepad will feature - I know they showed zooming in & out of the map before but curious if there'll be more to it than that (prefer not).

If we are to get a new unannounced 1st party game, for several reasons I'd bet on Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 2.

It's metroid prime 5, obviously. Immediate release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yeah, it'll be the Wii U version, they wouldn't risk putting it playable on the NX before they'd even announced the console!

Which is funny as every publisher/dev have out and out said they've games coming for it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they initially demo'd the WiiU version then blew everyone's minds with the NX version.
    Hence, a single game would "win" the E3, universal peace would break out across the globe, rainbows, unicorns, blissed out joy-joy feelings abounding every where.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if they initially demo'd the WiiU version then blew everyone's minds with the NX version.
    Hence, a single game would "win" the E3, universal peace would break out across the globe, rainbows, unicorns, blissed out joy-joy feelings abounding every where.

They can't do that. Nobody would buy the Wii-U version (apart from yourself and Myrrdin :P), or a lot less people anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's metroid prime 5, obviously. Immediate release.

Skipping over 4 altogether?

Actually it'll be Metroid Prime Federation Force Wii U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Metroid Prime Kirby Deluxe

Kirby can do the ball bits.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    They can't do that. Nobody would buy the Wii-U version (apart from yourself and Myrrdin :P), or a lot less people anyway.

And me... :o Definitely going to get both versions this time, always regretted not doing so for the Twilight Princess versions!

Star Lord wrote: »
    And me... :o Definitely going to get both versions this time, always regretted not doing so for the Twilight Princess versions!

How come? From a collector perspective or you just wanted to try out the GC version?

I only got the Wii verion since it was literally the only thing worth buying the machine for (that was the last time I ever queued outside Game on Dawson for a console release too!). Hopefully that won't be the case for the NX. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement