Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo at E3 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

sligeach wrote: »
    That p1ssed me off big time too in SS. And I heard one of them say almost as a direct reference that after the first time the text bubble won't pop up again.

Well as someone who has finished every zelda game if its going to be like that i wont bother playing it. Dont mind it popping up once but if you remember in SS everytime you saved and quit they all popped up again straight after.

Might get a petition together although to change it might delay the release to march 2026 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They'd specifically said it'd only do that the first time though.

Star Lord wrote: »
    They'd specifically said it'd only do that the first time though.

Yes and thats ok but first time everytime you play will get very tedious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

3 new Zelda Amiibo announced: Archer Link, Link on Epona and a Guardian 'flexible' amiibo, new enemy from Breath of the Wild.

Ck7iCcFWsAARI2n.jpg

Ck7kF4AWgAA0Q4H.jpg:large

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is 12 times the size of Twilight Princess.

Wolf Link can also make an appearance in the game via the amiibo.

Wii U version of the game supports Pro Controller play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Corholio wrote: »
    Wii U version of the game supports Pro Controller play.

Thank feck! :D

Was going to ask did anyone catch what they said about the Amiibo's, only heard him saying there would be 3 of them but not what they'll do in game. Better not give you powers you can't normally get.

• Advertisement

Also Aonuma confirmed no female Link will be playable in the game.

The demo that is being shown in the Treehouse is just '1%' of the entire game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »
    I think bar the open world and a few smaller things it isn't all that much like Monster Hunter. I think any wide open world that needs a lot of travel could be compared to MH. I think also this first open, barren level is purposely being used to show all the little functions of the game.

We'll see. I haven't watched all the demo because I'll spoil it but I've seen a few similarities already. There's destructible weapons, cooking, mining and a lot of collectibles. I also get a Xenoblade Chronicles vibe from the sheer scale of the land.

women-gamers_fb_165759.jpg

Box art but possibly may not be the final version (pic is large so didn't wanna embed it)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck7mJPoWEAALMpi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What happened? Just got on boards now!

Talking in Zelda? I don't know about that, but who cares, did we get a date??

• Advertisement

Rightly so there's no female Link. It was a load of nonsense. Link is a dude, always has been. It's sacrosanct. Blame Hyrule Warriors for it ever crossing peoples minds with Linkle. The only thing I'm disappointed about seeing is those 3 amiibo.

"That went so cooooooool yaaaaaaaaayyyyy"

Nintendo never i repeat NEVER allow those women to play again :mad:

IGN Nintendo Pre-Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1uUU53WZU8

Pretty sure IGN are showing the full event on this channel too.

Twitch link.

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Edit: Nintendo's direct Youtube link is now up.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZwAGNVjc0

Here's the links to the streams for anyone just getting in and looking for them.

Rightly so there's no female Link. It was a load of nonsense. Link is a dude, always has been. It's sacrosanct. Blame Hyrule Warriors for it ever crossing peoples minds with Linkle. The only thing I'm disappointed about seeing is those 3 amiibo.

Agree about the female thing. It's this mad outrage to get everything 'balanced' whether it makes any sense or not.

Ganon mentioned in some of the text between Link and another character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK I'm really really impressed with Zelda. They just did a guardian fight (a mini boss in the wild). It had a really big health bar and the player got her ass kicked.

Can't wait for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

thats cool that wolf link can join you, gotta go back to twilight and princess and finish that dungeon now, completely forgot about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Have they said they will announce anything else other than Zelda and Pokémon? I can't watch because I don't want to spoil Zelda by seeing too much footage.
    Also have they given a proper release date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

iamtony wrote: »
    Have they said they will announce anything else other than Zelda and Pokémon? I can't watch because I don't want to spoil Zelda by seeing too much footage.
    Also have they given a proper release date?

Not sure if they are showing anything else yet, miamoto is on now and they have started from the beguining of the game again. They havent mentioned release date yet, i presume it will come out the same time as the NX version? i could be wrong tho.

I know I was against the Nintendo E3 format earlier (very long extended demos), but Zelda has completely changed my mind on it. Their decision to show the mechanics and the incredible scale of the first plateau area (never mind the whole map), I think Nintendo won just E3 with one game.

This is a game that will make them hundreds of millions on NX Console sales at launch, and I'd put money on Zelda being top 3 on Metacritic's all time high score list.

Incredible.

They've put a lot of effort into it. I've watched bits and pieces. I don't want to spoil it too much. But it does look incredible. It's easily, no by a country mile their most ambitious game ever. It's been a while since I've seen them push the boundaries. I hope it pays off and they reap the rewards. And that they know people want these kind of games because if you look at previous Zelda game sales or 3D Mario games, the effort they put in pales in comparison to how 2D Mario games have sold. A little bit of me thinks what if it had been just NX only. Anyway, we'll eventually see how it looks there.

I don't know what the competition have had at E3 this year. I don't pay attention to them But I'm very happy with how Zelda: BOTW is coming along. We finally have a name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I wasn't a fan of the extended demos. More afraid of spoilers than anything else, but they just didn't keep my interest.

I wonder if it wasn't called Zelda would people be as hyped? I doubt it. I didn't see anything that hasn't been done before elsewhere. Degradable weapons, crafting, eating to renew health etc.

This has been done countless times before and as recently as The Witcher, where those features were not even deemed noteworthy enough to be considered as selling points. But they now appear in a Zelda game and suddenly people get hyped? I'm skeptical.

In my opinion a single game like that was definitely not enough to steal the show. I think Sony made the most impact for me, with 4-5 games that peaked my interest.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I wasn't a fan of the extended demos. More afraid of spoilers than anything else, but they just didn't keep my interest.

I wonder if it wasn't called Zelda would people be as hyped? I doubt it. I didn't see anything that hasn't been done before elsewhere. Degradable weapons, crafting, eating to renew health etc.

This has been done countless times before and as recently as The Witcher, where those features were not even deemed noteworthy enough to be considered as selling points. But they now appear in a Zelda game and suddenly people get hyped? I'm skeptical.

In my opinion a single game like that was definitely not enough to steal the show. I think Sony made the most impact for me, with 4-5 games that peaked my interest.

I think it's precisely because those elements are appearing in a Zelda game that has people interested, things you couldn't do before. Doesn't matter if they've appeared in other games - sure almost all games copy elements from elsewhere (The Witcher is no exception).

I'm not bothered by who "wins E3" once I at least get to see or hear about games that interest me for platforms I own, The Last Guardian and Zelda did that for me (haven't seen each conference in full so hopefully there's more). I was also happy to hear I'll be able to play some new Xbox One games on my Win 10 PC - no point buying that half decent looking Xbox One S now (especially with the much more powerful Xbox Scorpio being mentioned too). I do wish Nintendo had more games to show and released some details about the NX but that was never on the cards.

The game to me looks like a mixture of Zelda, Monster Hunter and Xenoblade Chronicles. And they're all great. Here's yesterdays Nintendo Treehouse presentation in full. It's just under 8 hours but there's some downtime in between setting up for the next segments and Pokemon takes up an hour of the time also.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZwAGNVjc0

There's nothing really that would remind me of Monster Hunter, with the exception of weapon wear (and in MH, it's just a matter of sharpening them again, they have a finite lifespan/usage in the new Zelda game), but I can see where you're coming from with the other stuff!

There's nothing really that would remind me of Monster Hunter, with the exception of weapon wear (and in MH, it's just a matter of sharpening them again, they have a finite lifespan/usage in the new Zelda game), but I can see where you're coming from with the other stuff!

Cooking food to give you health/bonuses is similar too. Anyway, any comparisons to MH is only a good thing imo. Great games they are. :)

I seen mining in one of the videos yesterday as well. It was the exact same way as MH. You'd come across an isolated block of rock and you'd break it up with an axe to get the mineral.

Hopefully there is a detailed journal in the game to show what has been unlocked/discovered, shrines complete, materials found etc. It would make the game all the richer, and would make for a better post-campaign experience (trying to find everything).

With all the health bars on enemies, different gear etc., I really wouldn't be surprised if there was a New Game+ with tougher enemies and better gear.

I see there's another Nintendo event at 6pm today.
    Be sure to come back for a second day of live-streaming, starting at 6pm on Wednesday June 15.
    The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A session.
    Then Nintendo Treehouse: Live will showcase upcoming games such as Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

Would be interested to see how different Generations is to MH4. Although I'm still using a not-New 3DSXL so not sure it will play smoothly on it.

They're apparently going to be showing off a new RPG IP too, not sure if that's today or tomorrow though.

• Advertisement

They're apparently going to be showing off a new RPG IP too, not sure if that's today or tomorrow though.

It's today but it's for the 3DS so that killed my excitement. There was a rumour that there's 2 new games being shown today.

Advertisement