Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloom in the park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Where's me free tickets?😭

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Twenty quid to go to a crowded place full of buy this, buy that, eat this, eat that, cookery and gardening demos that you cannot even see half the time! But that's what it is and obviously many thousands love it.

The show gardens are lovely just the same, and it's a day out, but can get very crowded. Weather looks good too this time around.

I go for around 10am on the Monday. A bit quieter and no demos until later when the gang arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jose Maria

Anyone know what the climbing plant with the pink flowers that's in the Santa Rita garden is

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Anyone have any discount codes for this?
    I tried one but it wouldn't work on ticketmaster as they said you have to use the code before Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Jose Maria wrote: »
    Anyone know what the climbing plant with the pink flowers that's in the Santa Rita garden is

I would think it's bourganvillia, (spelled wrong!) you see it everywhere in the med but won't grow like that in Ireland outside, definitely not in the midlands anyway, possible in coastal areas? Generally regarded as a conservatory plant in Ireland, but gorgeous I agree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Well whats the consensus???? good, bad, same old same old ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

main consensus i'd have would be 'hot and humid'.
    very similar to previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Bloom. It should of been called "Food" 30% garden related the rest food . Still not to bad, First time there liked the show gardens

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Went the Thursday. Crowds pretty hectic. Couod do with adding an extra day or two imo. Some lovely show gardens but if one more person pushed me there would have been a case of bloom rage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Went the Thursday. Crowds pretty hectic. Couod do with adding an extra day or two imo. Some lovely show gardens but if one more person pushed me there would have been a case of bloom rage

i was there on the Thursday as well. I was expecting it to be a lot less crowded. . I was there on the Sunday 2 years ago and it was mayhem .

the amount of people barging around is uncalled for.
    I really think the gardens should be laid out so its one way traffic only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there were a few stands missing over near the craft village/eco village section - i heard an taisce pulled out at the last minute, and no sign of the woodturner's guild stand, which was always a popular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Have to say I was very disappointed with bloom. Had never been before but had heard great things. Gardens were the highlight but the food was seriously lacking.

Tried and sampled various dishes, from the pulled pork wrap that smelled and looked like cat food in the bbq bliss area, the oven baked pizza which somehow was underdone, nobu tasteless ice cream, to the dry and tasteless burger near the retail tent it was just disappointment after disappointment food wise.

Best food I had was one of those cheese and crackers packs given out by galtee/kilmeaden?

Highlight was tasting a tiny sample of Irish brandy.

I'd need free tickets to go again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

there were a few stands missing over near the craft village/eco village section - i heard an taisce pulled out at the last minute, and no sign of the woodturner's guild stand, which was always a popular one.

I specifically looked for An Taisce and asked several people. Nobody could help.

:(

Advertisement