Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks for cutting me off... not

Options
  • 02-06-2016 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

ok so I order eFibre on the 22nd of May, receive an email saying the exchange won't be ready until 1st june. ok I say, i'll just wait.

This morning (2nd June) I get an auto generated email (no phone call mind) saying my 'Thank you for ordering Efibre' Happy days I said.

I get home and find eir have cut the internet I have now off! Worse still speaking with your tech support they say you cant deliver the new modem until June 17th ? wait, sooo what now? we have no internet until then?

Where was the phone call explaining any of this to me or even for me to pick a date to get it installed? Would of liked to be involved considering the outcome. What can be done about this? Why am I being cut off for 15 days when you knew I could not receive the new router?

Would like some support on this if its not to much trouble.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

god's toy wrote: »
    ok so I order eFibre on the 22nd of May, receive an email saying the exchange won't be ready until 1st june.   ok I say, i'll just wait.

This morning (2nd June) I get an auto generated email (no phone call mind) saying my 'Thank you for ordering Efibre'  Happy days I said.

I get home and find eir have cut the internet I have now off! Worse still speaking with your tech support they say you cant deliver the new modem until June 17th  ? wait,  sooo what now? we have no internet until then?

Where was the phone call explaining any of this to me or even for me to pick a date to get it installed? Would of liked to be involved considering the outcome.   What can be done about this?   Why am I being cut off for 15 days when you knew I could not receive the new router?

Would like some support on this if its not to much trouble.

Thanks.
    Hi god's toy,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband.
    If you are upgrading to the efibre service a technician would be required to call out and install the service.
    Your existing broadband connection should remain live until then.

Can you PM me your account number and I will take a look into this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Thanks. Pm sent

Hi god's toy,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband.
    If you are upgrading to the efibre service a technician would be required to call out and install the service.

-Pamela 

Thanks. Pm sent

Hi god's toy,

-Pamela 
    Thanks  god's toy,
    I'll be back to you shortly.

-Pamela

So Pamela has been helping me sort this, said an error has somehow killed the account and thats why my line somehow was canceled when I asked for efibre upgrade.
    She suggested I ring eir on Monday to set up a new one, ok I said its only a few days to wait... Only just remembered it's a bank-holiday today so will have to wait till Tuesday now.  

Still no Internet.

So Pamela has been helping me sort this, said an error has somehow killed the account and thats why my line somehow was canceled when I asked for efibre upgrade.
    She suggested I ring eir on Monday to set up a new one, ok I said its only a few days to wait... Only just remembered it's a bank-holiday today so will have to wait till Tuesday now.  

Still no Internet.
    Hi  god's toy,

Did you manage to get a new order placed? Please feel free to PM me the new order number and I will send this to the escalations team.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi. I rang them at 9 am told them the story and they agreed a new account was needed. One of the reps took some details and said they would ring me in in two hrs with an update . Still waiting ...

Hi  god's toy,

Did you manage to get a new order placed? Please feel free to PM me the new order number and I will send this to the escalations team.

-Pamela 

Hi. I rang them at 9 am told them the story and they agreed a new account was needed.   One of the reps took some details and said they would ring me in in two hrs with an update  .  Still waiting ...

Hi  god's toy,

-Pamela 
    Has an agent been back to you on this yet god's toy?

-Pamela 

Hi. I rang them at 9 am told them the story and they agreed a new account was needed.   One of the reps took some details and said they would ring me in in two hrs with an update  .  Still waiting ...

Hi  god's toy,

-Pamela 
    Has an agent been back to you on this yet god's toy?

-Pamela 
    Nope, no one called , so I called them... They said they have a guy booked for the 16th to come out and do something or other... 
    The girl was taking my info stopped was helpful but she said she could go no further and told me ring back tomorrow and tell them I have 'prospect info' or something. So tomorrow we do it all again.

Note to eir reps, please add detailed into to user account file so we don't have to re tell the story over and over to every rep that you get pushed to.

Pamela, you have been very helpful, just wanted to make that clear!

Guess all I can do is wait and hope someone in the land of eir can get my Internet back soon. 
    lol I have an 8yo going mad for her youtube!

Ok Pamela I received an update and a new account number this morning.

I will PM yourself with it.

Ok Pamela I received an update and a new account number this morning.

I will PM yourself with it.
    Thanks god's toy,

I'm just going through my PM's now and will be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Ok eir guy came to connect a line that was already there.

Did his few things my end and went off.

Have a working phone line once more (that was never used as a phone line) but the ole internet connection stll looks days off.

Just hope Three don't be looking to close at the amount of data I'm running this last while...

Ok eir guy came to connect a line that was already there.  

Did his few things my end and went off.  

Have a working phone line once more (that was never used as a phone line) but the ole internet connection stll looks days off.

Just hope Three don't be looking to close at the amount of data I'm running this last while...
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have received your PM [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]god's toy.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately as the technician only attended today the account will not go live until tomorrow. As soon as the account is live I will be back to you via PM.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Thanks Pamela for your help in getting this sorted.
    As you are aware I now have a working phone number and line but for some reason people at eir are (or seem) incapable of checking to see if the Broadband works over the fibre connection they put in.

I feel sad that I moved to eir out the bad experience in with Vodafone in the hopes of people being able to do things right but I am of option that cutting me off and leaving without a working line or Internet was just a random event and no Malice was intended... even if the KN network guy sent out said it actually happens a lot... I await in hope that you can get some form of Internet on my line within the month of June as my 8 yearold autistic child doesn't quite understand why I can't let her watch her Youtube channels for the last 14 days and it breaks my heart to say no...
    let's see how long it takes before we can get actual Internet back from being cut off for to no fault of my own...

Thank you for your help.

Thanks Pamela for your help in getting this sorted.
    As you are aware I now have a working phone number and line but for some reason people at eir are (or seem) incapable of checking to see if the Broadband works over the fibre connection they put in.

I feel sad that I moved to eir out the bad experience in with Vodafone in the hopes of people being able to do things right but I am of option that cutting me off and leaving without a working line or Internet was just a random event and no Malice was intended... even if the KN network guy sent out said it actually happens a lot... I await in hope that you can get some form of Internet on my line within the month of June as my 8 yearold autistic child doesn't quite understand why I can't let her watch her Youtube channels for the last 14 days and it breaks my heart to say no...
    let's see how long it takes before we can get actual Internet back from being cut off for to no fault of my own...

Thank you for your help.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration completely [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]god's toy [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]and I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid when a new line is activated it will not prequal for broadband immediately. As soon as the line is prequaling for the service I will let you know.[/font]

Another few days have gone by and I still have? Yep, nothing

The story goes on...So after the KN networks guy called to my house on Monday 13th June (I had to take a day off work to meet him) to connect a line (that was already connected) and after he comes back from the exchange and says 'OK mate, you are good to go' WOOHOOO then we are sorted? NNNooope, we are then told the line needs to Prequal for broadband ok then, so we wait...(at this point we are 17 days without internet)

On Friday 17th June as we were told 'Your line is now prequaling for broadband so you should be able to place an order on this now ! WONDERFUL I say, lets get to lasting in the Broadband ASAP! it will feel so good to tell my little girl that YES! you can watch YouTube tonight! hmmmm.. NOPE, I am once again I am met with a ''Sorry sir you line has to be connected first'' BUT I say, it has been connected, you see the KN chap has been at my house already, 'OK says the rep but we need to send you a modem'' OH "BUT I already have one I say, from the last time, remember? when you cut me off, for no reason?" ''Well then'', he says, everything is in place so, you should be sorted by Monday. Ah COOL thanks I said.
    Odd that on Saturday a modem arrives that we didn't want, need or ask for but what the hay, it's fine.

So Monday comes and guess what? Yep, NO broadband... REALLY!? I MEAN REALLY EIR? So once again I have ring you guys and tell this epic tale and once again I am passed over and back to eir's inter-departmental mess of a call center and once again I have to tell this story over from the top and once again I am met with a reps who ''cant believe this'' (one guy in tech support actually LOL'd down the line at me disbelieving my story!!) oh and then stopped and composed himself and said he will 'help 'put it right"..."I just need to transfer you to one of my colleges.".. pushed on to super tech support guy who (wait for it) tells me the shocking news!

Now he says, we have the answer for your, you see the problem is your last broadband provider wont release the line until the 27th June and we cant do anything about that till they do."REALLY? I asked? Yes! he said ,I then told him that it was EIR who were my last provider and to stop with the fibs and please just fix this!... SO he went off and came back with, "OK so were going to send a guy out to connect your broadband line to the exchange on the 27th"....Wait what? wasent that already done? I asked (remember the KN Networks guy at the top of the page...) Well nope, you see. HE put in the line (that was already there ,SO he went down to the exchange and did NOTHING at all really!) and was suppose to connect it to broadband use but didn't for some reason even though we chatted about the very thing while he was in my house! GOOD LORD!

so now I have to wait again. Eir, you really have disappointed me in so many ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi there. I am very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration completely. I do sincerely apologise for your customer experience & the misinformation on this. I have been in touch with our support team & also confirmed this with our escalations department & they have confirmed that your broadband is due to activate on the 27th providing an extra day for the order to post complete. Unfortunately this would be an automatic activation so we would need to wait for this date. I am very sorry that you were provided with the incorrect information previously however they have confirmed this for myself today. If you would like to get back to me here once you are up & running I can arrange a good will gesture credit to be applied to your account for the downtime & inconvenience as I can appreciate this is an error on our behalf & I do apologise for this. Stacey[/font]

Well thank goodness it's now back, once more we have internet in the house. 

A little slower than it was before (10mb vs 12mb pre disconnection) but the main points are the little one is happy, the wife is happy and so I am happy.

I only hope that when I can order fiber (in a month or so someone said) I don't have to start this thread up once more moaning about how they cut me off for weeks for no reason.  It is amazing how something simple like the Internet is such a part of your life without ever stopping to appreciate it. Well today I have.

Thank you Pamela,Tracey and all the eir reps and tech heads for your help over the last 23 odd days.

GT

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishfire

Don't feel you were targeted or it was a once off, they done the exact same to me a few months back. Eir tech support is nothing more than people following a flowchart. No will or ability to help a customer experiencing an issue.

Could I suggest that eir remove the scheduling restrictions that stop agents activating vdsl ports before the efibre installation date? At least then when a sales agent on commission screws up the order form it's technically possible to fix things.

It's also pretty frustrating when the "customer care" center do nothing except play pass the parcel and fob off.

Well thank goodness it's now back, once more we have internet in the house. 

A little slower than it was before (10mb vs 12mb pre disconnection) but the main points are the little one is happy, the wife is happy and so I am happy.

I only hope that when I can order fiber (in a month or so someone said) I don't have to start this thread up once more moaning about how they cut me off for weeks for no reason.  It is amazing how something simple like the Internet is such a part of your life without ever stopping to appreciate it. Well today I have.

Thank you Pamela,Tracey and all the eir reps and tech heads for your help over the last 23 odd days.

GT
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]god's toy, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for keeping us updated. :)[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked your account and can see an order for the efibre service was placed today. [/font]

Yep one of your tech support guys was good enough to ring me to see how things were going today. He tuned up the connection back to 12mb and said my line is good to go for fibre now so passed me along to CS where everything went well... this time my line was still there when I got home.

Thanks for your reply.

• Advertisement

Yep one of your tech support guys was good enough to ring me to see how things were going today.  He tuned up the connection back to 12mb and said my line is good to go for fibre now so passed me along to CS where everything went well... this time my line was still there when I got home.

Thanks for your reply.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hopefully that will help improve the connection until the efibre is installed [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]god's toy.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank god everything went ok this time. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem, if you need any further assistance please do let me know. :)[/font]

Advertisement