Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pegida Demonstration in Limerick

• 02-06-2016 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

I had previously heard about this and now I see it made headlines in the Limerick Post with the headline describing them as "anti-Islam". TD Collins is also misrepresenting both Pegida and Identity Ireland in the article saying that they "hold extremist views and openly call for the persecution of minority groups".

What are people's opinions on this demonstration? Will it go ahead peacefully or will we see similar scenes as we saw in Dublin with far-left mobs causing violence?

Does anyone here plan to go to support? Would you like to go but are you worried about being caught up in potential violence or worried about being labelled a racist or anti-Muslim etc?

I suppose I would prefer if this thread did not get shut down so I hope we can all have a civil discussion about something which is directly affecting people in the city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

What are people's opinions on this demonstration?

I don't particularly support those behind the demonstration but I do support their right to demonstrate. Whether people like it or not there are people in Ireland who hold these views and they are within their rights to express them so long as its done in a non-threatening manner.

Will it go ahead peacefully or will we see similar scenes as we saw in Dublin with far-left mobs causing violence?

No idea.

Does anyone here plan to go to support?

No. Will you, OP? I get the impression you will?

Would you like to go but are you worried about being caught up in potential violence or worried about being labelled a racist or anti-Muslim etc?

I see where you're coming from with this, there is a definite sense among Irish society and indeed most societies, that to oppose immigration or the diversifying of the populace is to be racist. And because we live in an era of 'outrage culture' it's often easier to just go along with things rather than object. Personally I don't agree with what Pegida are doing but I can see how those who do might be afraid to ally themselves with this demonstration.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I had previously heard about this and now I see it made headlines in the Limerick Post with the headline describing them as "anti-Islam". TD Collins is also misrepresenting both Pegida and Identity Ireland in the article saying that they "hold extremist views and openly call for the persecution of minority groups".

What are people's opinions on this demonstration? Will it go ahead peacefully or will we see similar scenes as we saw in Dublin with far-left mobs causing violence?

Does anyone here plan to go to support? Would you like to go but are you worried about being caught up in potential violence or worried about being labelled a racist or anti-Muslim etc?

I suppose I would prefer if this thread did not get shut down so I hope we can all have a civil discussion about something which is directly affecting people in the city.

The founder of PEGIDA has called immigrants "cattle" and "scum"

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/pegida-founder-fined-for-calling-immigrants-cattle-and-scum-1.2634430

PEGIDA members also have a huge problem about non-White kids replacing white kids on chocolate bars.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/25/pegida-activists-protest-images-non-white-german-footballers-kinder

You only need to have a quick check of recent news to understand what they are about.

Look at 37 seconds in this video at the dozen or so protestors. Do I want to be a part of this group? No.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68yTJWXm5g

Doubt it will go down well at all but I am hoping there will not be any problems. I'm not supporting this although I respect the rights of anyone to show their feelings on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Who the **** invited this shower to Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The founder of PEGIDA has called immigrants "cattle" and "scum"
    Bigger story there is that he got fined nearly 10,000 euros and narrowly avoided prison for his words. The full quote follows:
    “Ach, you believe the press when they show hypocritical sympathy for the vermin? You should talk to people in the social welfare offices about how these scum behave.”
    This was in response to article posted by a friend of his on facebook about conditions in a refugee centre. Not exactly sympathetic to their plight. You need to read this in the context of what is going on in Germany right now though. Certainly the groups who are sexually assaulting women all over Germany are scum and vermin, that is for sure.

Anyway, I am not defending his character here but I will say that he is a voice for a lot of people who feel that Europe making some hugely bad choices with the way it is handling this crisis.

If you judge a person fully based on one utterance then we are all evil and Enda Kenny is a racist.

PEGIDA members also have a huge problem about non-White kids replacing white kids on chocolate bars.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/25/pegida-activists-protest-images-non-white-german-footballers-kinder
    See how you say "members" and the article carefully says "supporters". The guardian are peddlars of propaganda to the highest degree.
    Firstly it's an unofficial facebook page. It's take nothing to align oneself with a group and they cannot control every person who decides to support them. And in reference to what this unofficial page says... Well, you redefine what is German in an effort to be inclusive and maybe one day you no longer have Germans.
    Look at 37 seconds in this video at the dozen or so protestors. Do I want to be a part of this group? No.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68yTJWXm5g
    So, a few guys with shaved heads who maybe look at bit scary? Keep watching the video. Who's being violent? Really that is astounding, that you post a video of leftwing thugs being violent and assaulting peaceful protesters and you want me to judge them because of how they dress. You are joking right?
    Doubt it will go down well at all but I am hoping there will not be any problems. I'm not supporting this although I respect the rights of anyone to show their feelings on the matter.
    No you don't. Based on the video you posted I could guess you support the right for fascist left wing groups to suppress free speech and the right to protest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

While i think Ireland should shut our doors for a while dont want hate here either

• Advertisement

No. Will you, OP? I get the impression you will?
    I'm fairly averse to violence but I would like to at least listen to what they have to say.

bigpink wrote: »
    While i think Ireland should shut our doors for a while dont want hate here either
    So first off we need to address the presumption that they are peddling hate. Seems like in all these cases people magically become clairvoyant and know what they really thinking rather than what they are saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

zulutango wrote: »
    Who the **** invited this shower to Limerick?
    Which shower? Pegida or the Muslims

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

jbkenn wrote: »
    Which shower? Pegida or the Muslims

Pegida.

I've no issues with Muslims, or Christians for that matter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Doubt it will go down well at all but I am hoping there will not be any problems.
    No you don't. Based on the video you posted I could guess you support the right for fascist left wing groups to suppress free speech and the right to protest.

/Thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know I'm going to be accused of killing discussion or whatever, but can we please ALL stick to the rules and even the guidelines from the Op

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Clareman wrote: »
    I know I'm going to be accused of killing discussion or whatever, but can we please ALL stick to the rules and even the guidelines from the Op

Thanks

Going to echo that and the OP has asked for it, which is a good start.

There won't be warnings on anything which you know you shouldn't post on this thread. We've had to shut down proper discussion because some just can't seem to keep it civil and on thread.
    If you offended by a post report it and we will review it.

But if it gets out of hand, this will be closed. But we're all adults so keep it civil please.

Niall Collins on live95 this morning spouting nonsense. The presenter just agreed with him on every point. Utterly useless. No mention that the violence was all from antifa in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

My experience of Pegida is mostly based on a group of Polish people I know here who support them.

They are out and out xenophobic and islamophobic. I had to listen to a diatribe from one of these guys just last week rantng about Muslim immigrants and refugees flooding into Ireland and taking "our" jobs, houses and social welfare.

"You mean like the Polish did during the Celtic Tiger?" I asked. That shut him up.

The same guys are always spreading Pegida and Britain First memes on Facebook. I guess it is lost on them that A) Ireland is not part of Britain and B) The same groups were hating on the Polish before the Muslims

For the record, I don't have a problem with refugees or working immigrants be they Polish or Muslim or whatever.

But I do have a problem with people coming here and stirring up hatred by nefarious means - that being spreading toxic inflammatory stuff on social media or supporting very questionable groups like Pegida and Britain First.

Yes there needs to be a public discussion on immigration but not with groups like Pegida or Identity Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

My experience of Pegida is mostly based on a group of Polish people I know here who support them.

They are out and out xenophobic and islamophobic. I had to listen to a diatribe from one of these guys just last week rantng about Muslim immigrants and refugees flooding into Ireland and taking "our" jobs, houses and social welfare.

"You mean like the Polish did during the Celtic Tiger?" I asked. That shut him up.

The same guys are always spreading Pegida and Britain First memes on Facebook. I guess it is lost on them that A) Ireland is not part of Britain and B) The same groups were hating on the Polish before the Muslims

For the record, I don't have a problem with refugees or working immigrants be they Polish or Muslim or whatever.

But I do have a problem with people coming here and stirring up hatred by nefarious means - that being spreading toxic inflammatory stuff on social media or supporting very questionable groups like Pegida and Britain First.

Yes there needs to be a public discussion on immigration but not with groups like Pegida or Identity Ireland.

Tony, Germany has just started getting Muslim migrants to work for 1 Euro per hour. It isn't called work though it's termed as ''therapy''. A bit like Job bridge, the employer pays 1 Euro per hour and the government tops the rest up. So why would German employers want any other source of unskilled labour that would cost them more than 1 Euro an hour? If you don't think that will catch on all over Europe then you are seriously mistaken.

There are 6 families coming to my town this month, that's 50 people in total, at first, the next 50 Syrians won't be far behind and they've all only been in the country for 3 months. The Council has specifically bought 6 houses just to accommodate them, despite all of the other Irish people on the Social housing list. Before long, maybe years, but ultimately support for PEGIDA and their ilk will be strong when people grow tired of waiting for things and tired of watching migrants/refugees skip the queue. There's been a serious increase in the number of veiled women and women in Burkhas in Limerick recently and while I don't really have an issue with a headscarf, a veiled face is a very definite statement that the wearer wants nothing to do with their community. So integration is not going to happen with them, they clearly don't want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Pegida dont seem like a very nice bunch of people and put their views forward in an ineloquent way that gains them no support from people who may sympathise with some of their views. I do think its unfortunate that anyone going against the grain and saying that they have concerns about immigrants/refugees coming to our country are shouted down. All sides should be heard.

I consider myself liberal and a leftie but i do have concerns about culture clashes that may arise with a higher influx of immigrants/refugees/asylum seekers (regardless of where they are from). I consider myself a kind person and i have no issue with people who come here to work or those seeking refuge who are willing to integrate AND respect our culture/way of life here.

I think the bleeding hearts who wont hear a bad word about immigration need to wake up. Its not like everyone who comes to Ireland as an immigrant or refugee is a bad person but by the same token they are not all good either.

scream wrote: »
    Tony, Germany has just started getting Muslim migrants to work for 1 Euro per hour. It isn't called work though it's termed as ''therapy''. A bit like Job bridge, the employer pays 1 Euro per hour and the government tops the rest up. So why would German employers want any other source of unskilled labour that would cost them more than 1 Euro an hour? If you don't think that will catch on all over Europe then you are seriously mistaken.

How does that work? Do you have to be a recently arrived Muslim to avail of that? What about the Muslims already living in Germany for generations? Can Catholics or Buddhists apply too? Throw a link my way if you can. Sounds like the issue here though is the German government. Is it fair to blame the migrants here when they have no say as to what the German government or employers agree to?
    There are 6 families coming to my town this month, that's 50 people in total, at first, the next 50 Syrians won't be far behind and they've all only been in the country for 3 months. The Council has specifically bought 6 houses just to accommodate them, despite all of the other Irish people on the Social housing list. Before long, maybe years, but ultimately support for PEGIDA and their ilk will be strong when people grow tired of waiting for things and tired of watching migrants/refugees skip the queue. There's been a serious increase in the number of veiled women and women in Burkhas in Limerick recently and while I don't really have an issue with a headscarf, a veiled face is a very definite statement that the wearer wants nothing to do with their community. So integration is not going to happen with them, they clearly don't want it.

What town is that out of interest? Yeah the housing thing is a contentious issue alright. Would you say the Syrians would turn down a house the same way some of the Irish have as widely reported recently? I believe one of the excuses was that they would get seasick looking out at a view of a harbour. Mad isn't it?

As for your comment about headscarves and integration. I noticed a fair few students out in UL myself wearing full face veils - in fact it made for an interesting time when the exams came up and they had to check their student ID :D From talking to these students in question they were not Syrian. Some were Saudi and others Iraqi. Nice to talk to too, very mannerly. And highly educated, some with Masters and others going for PhD's.

I'm not a fan of the full face veils myself but I am not sure what, if anything, can be done about it. Banning them has caused massive problems in France from what I have heard.

Does anyone worried about Syrians know if the refugees here are actually Muslim. Many of the Syrians that fled the war are from diverse ethnic and religious groups - including those that are Christian, Alawites, Druze, Mandeans, Yazidis etc.

I honestly wouldn't know a Syrian if they stared me in the face. You'd also be surprised as to who is or isn't a Muslim in Limerick. Only last week I was in a bar with someone listening to two lads beside us ranting about Muslims.

The other person with me had to laugh as they went on about how all Muslims are basically walking evil. Being Muslim herself she was going to stroll over to them to ask if they found her to be scary.

It would have been funny to see their faces as a drop dead gorgeous brunette in hotpants holding a beer challenged every assumption they had about Muslims.

Obviously she isn't a practicing one but there are a fair few of them in Limerick and the ones I've met are lovely down to earth people. Should they be thrown out of the country just because they were born in a Muslim country?

How does that work? Do you have to be a recently arrived Muslim to avail of that? What about the Muslims already living in Germany for generations? Can Catholics or Buddhists apply too? Throw a link my way if you can. Sounds like the issue here though is the German government. Is it fair to blame the migrants here when they have no say as to what the German government or employers agree to?

What town is that out of interest? Yeah the housing thing is a contentious issue alright. Would you say the Syrians would turn down a house the same way some of the Irish have as widely reported recently? I believe one of the excuses was that they would get seasick looking out at a view of a harbour. Mad isn't it?

As for your comment about headscarves and integration. I noticed a fair few students out in UL myself wearing full face veils - in fact it made for an interesting time when the exams came up and they had to check their student ID :D From talking to these students in question they were not Syrian. Some were Saudi and others Iraqi. Nice to talk to too, very mannerly. And highly educated, some with Masters and others going for PhD's.

I'm not a fan of the full face veils myself but I am not sure what, if anything, can be done about it. Banning them has caused massive problems in France from what I have heard.

Does anyone worried about Syrians know if the refugees here are actually Muslim. Many of the Syrians that fled the war are from diverse ethnic and religious groups - including those that are Christian, Alawites, Druze, Mandeans, Yazidis etc.

I honestly wouldn't know a Syrian if they stared me in the face. You'd also be surprised as to who is or isn't a Muslim in Limerick. Only last week I was in a bar with someone listening to two lads beside us ranting about Muslims.

The other person with me had to laugh as they went on about how all Muslims are basically walking evil. Being Muslim herself she was going to stroll over to them to ask if they found her to be scary.

It would have been funny to see their faces as a drop dead gorgeous brunette in hotpants holding a beer challenged every assumption they had about Muslims.

Obviously she isn't a practicing one but there are a fair few of them in Limerick and the ones I've met are lovely down to earth people. Should they be thrown out of the country just because they were born in a Muslim country?

I lived in the UK for years and regularly worked in Bradford and Leeds so I know the reality of what Islam brings with it. The ones you're talking about aren't from the arse end of the Mid East and aren't what you're used to. What we're going to get with the Muslims is entirely different from what we've had with other migrants and it won't be pretty.

I believe Ireland has agreed to accepting 4000 Syrian refugees by 2017. Who will be settled across the country. Whose religious make-up is unknown but likely to be predominantly Muslim.

I don't think that is comparable with the millions of Muslims in the UK to be fair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

You cannot be labelled a racist for not being a fan of Islam. Islam is not a race, it's a religion that dictates your way of life. Very important distinction. Also, if you're a non practicing muslim, you are not really a muslim. It's not like Catholicism where Paddy goes to church once a week, stays standing down the back whispering about the hurling and then sneaks out the door after he gets communion.

If you actually look at the religion, it's values are completely at odds with western society. It's attitude to women, marriage, sexuality, society and non-muslims is shocking to say the least. Here we are in Ireland delighted with ourselves after the marriage equality referendum, yet the same bleeding hearts that were so vociferous about that are also the same people who get offended if you dare to question migrants or Islam. Guess what, most of your muslim brethren would have you stoned or whipped to death after a Sharia court if you were found to be homosexual, never mind them tolerating a gay marriage. In a lot of middle eastern countries women are not allowed to drive, leave the family home without permission, are not allowed to be in the company of any man who isn't a relative, must agree to arranged marriages and must share their husband with multiple wives if necessary. They have to walk around the place covered from head to toe. I'm just wondering where that fits in with the equality and women's rights that western women fought for and enjoy today?

My own attitude to religion is that it should be your own private thing. IMO religion has no place in the work place, in schools, in sport or in public. I absolutely believe the burka or hijab should be banned, as they have no place in a western society that promotes gender equality. But I would also apply that to Christianity or any other religion - all religious symbols and clothing should be banned in public. Keep your religious displays private in your own home and in your place of worship. I don't agree with religion being shoved in people's faces.

My main worry with muslims coming to Ireland is integration. What we want to avoid is what has happened in pretty much every other country that they have migrated to - ghettoisation. They have to be integrated properly in to Irish society, which means living among the Irish and not in their own separate mini communities. They have to attend Irish schools, not Islamic schools. You want the next generation of muslims here to identify as Irish, not as muslims living in Ireland. But this also means that the Irish government should be pro-active and learn from the mistakes made in other countries, especially in the UK and France. The Burka and Hijab should be banned, there should be clear laws outlawing Sharia and Sharia councils, there should be clear laws outlawing schools for a specific religion (and yes that includes Catholic schools), there should be social integration and anti-ghettoisation laws. But we all know the government is useless, it will do nothing and that's the real worry that people have.

I really hate to say it but Islam is a religion for cavemen. You can see why they want their own Sharia councils in the UK - it's basically to circumvent UK law because Islamic values just do not fit with UK law. If you were to apply UK law, a lot of what Islam deems perfectly legal would be very much illegal.

Pegida are too extreme for me, so I would not support them. They are entitled to express their views and demonstrate, so long as it is not hate speech. But you can see why they and other political movements like them are on the rise. They give people who either fear or have no time for the values of Islam a voice, while governments stand by and do nothing. People see what has happened in France, in Belgium, the UK and they do not want that happening in their own community. Islam is the polar opposite of western society and western living and I don't blame anyone for not wanting any part of another Bradford or Brussels. If there was proper integration with strict laws, instead of this fear of offending, there would be no need for the likes of Pegida.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Townie_P wrote: »
    You cannot be labelled a racist for not being a fan of Islam. Islam is not a race, it's a religion that dictates your way of life. Very important distinction. Also, if you're a non practicing muslim, you are not really a muslim. It's not like Catholicism where Paddy goes to church once a week, stays standing down the back whispering about the hurling and then sneaks out the door after he gets communion.

If you actually look at the religion, it's values are completely at odds with western society. It's attitude to women, marriage, sexuality, society and non-muslims is shocking to say the least. Here we are in Ireland delighted with ourselves after the marriage equality referendum, yet the same bleeding hearts that were so vociferous about that are also the same people who get offended if you dare to question migrants or Islam. Guess what, most of your muslim brethren would have you stoned or whipped to death after a Sharia court if you were found to be homosexual, never mind them tolerating a gay marriage. In a lot of middle eastern countries women are not allowed to drive, leave the family home without permission, are not allowed to be in the company of any man who isn't a relative, must agree to arranged marriages and must share their husband with multiple wives if necessary. They have to walk around the place covered from head to toe. I'm just wondering where that fits in with the equality and women's rights that western women fought for and enjoy today?

My own attitude to religion is that it should be your own private thing. IMO religion has no place in the work place, in schools, in sport or in public. I absolutely believe the burka or hijab should be banned, as they have no place in a western society that promotes gender equality. But I would also apply that to Christianity or any other religion - all religious symbols and clothing should be banned in public. Keep your religious displays private in your own home and in your place of worship. I don't agree with religion being shoved in people's faces.

My main worry with muslims coming to Ireland is integration. What we want to avoid is what has happened in pretty much every other country that they have migrated to - ghettoisation. They have to be integrated properly in to Irish society, which means living among the Irish and not in their own separate mini communities. They have to attend Irish schools, not Islamic schools. You want the next generation of muslims here to identify as Irish, not as muslims living in Ireland. But this also means that the Irish government should be pro-active and learn from the mistakes made in other countries, especially in the UK and France. The Burka and Hijab should be banned, there should be clear laws outlawing Sharia and Sharia councils, there should be clear laws outlawing schools for a specific religion (and yes that includes Catholic schools), there should be social integration and anti-ghettoisation laws. But we all know the government is useless, it will do nothing and that's the real worry that people have.

I really hate to say it but Islam is a religion for cavemen. You can see why they want their own Sharia councils in the UK - it's basically to circumvent UK law because Islamic values just do not fit with UK law. If you were to apply UK law, a lot of what Islam deems perfectly legal would be very much illegal.

Pegida are too extreme for me, so I would not support them. They are entitled to express their views and demonstrate, so long as it is not hate speech. But you can see why they and other political movements like them are on the rise. They give people who either fear or have no time for the values of Islam a voice, while governments stand by and do nothing. People see what has happened in France, in Belgium, the UK and they do not want that happening in their own community. Islam is the polar opposite of western society and western living and I don't blame anyone for not wanting any part of another Bradford or Brussels. If there was proper integration with strict laws, instead of this fear of offending, there would be no need for the likes of Pegida.

Great post.

Pegida preys on ignorance and fear and directs that towards refugees.

The real issue is our own laws and government and how they intend on integrating people of all backgrounds into Irish life.

But empty vessals make the most noise and in short - "Dey tuk our jerbs!"

Pegida can come and make a show of themselves if they want, I'd love if people just laughed in their face though.

There's been a serious increase in the number of veiled women and women in Burkhas in Limerick recently and while I don't really have an issue with a headscarf, a veiled face is a very definite statement that the wearer wants nothing to do with their community. So integration is not going to happen with them, they clearly don't want it.
    I certainly don't feel comfortable walking up to a veiled woman and starting a conversation. Is the that the point? I had a little google and found this:
    Yes! Kuffar hate niqab! Why!? Because they can't lustfully look at our women like shaytan and their filthy souls want!
    Parchment wrote: »
    Pegida dont seem like a very nice bunch of people and put their views forward in an ineloquent way that gains them no support from people who may sympathise with some of their views.
    A lot of people seem to think this. I reckon it's got more to do with how the media portray them than what they are actually saying.
    Parchment wrote: »
    I do think its unfortunate that anyone going against the grain and saying that they have concerns about immigrants/refugees coming to our country are shouted down. All sides should be heard.

I consider myself liberal and a leftie but i do have concerns about culture clashes that may arise with a higher influx of immigrants/refugees/asylum seekers (regardless of where they are from). I consider myself a kind person and i have no issue with people who come here to work or those seeking refuge who are willing to integrate AND respect our culture/way of life here.

I think the bleeding hearts who wont hear a bad word about immigration need to wake up. Its not like everyone who comes to Ireland as an immigrant or refugee is a bad person but by the same token they are not all good either.

Even if your assumption that Pegida are too extreme is true where is the more moderate political voice?
    They are trying to give them something to do. Over 1 million arrived last year in Germany. They are trying to cope.
    What exactly are you saying? That they deserve it more because they'd be more appreciative?
    What has that got to do with the veil?
    Generally it is the more extreme followers of Islam that wear the Niqab. The same people who practise female genital mutilation. It's not even in the Koran, it's about possessive men oppressing women.

Those groups don't go to refugee camps as they are too dangerous for them.

She would be stoned to death in a Muslim country.
    Pegida preys on ignorance and fear and directs that towards refugees.

The real issue is our own laws and government and how they intend on integrating people of all backgrounds into Irish life.

But empty vessals make the most noise and in short - "Dey tuk our jerbs!"

Pegida can come and make a show of themselves if they want, I'd love if people just laughed in their face though.
    What about burying your head in the sand and denying reality? That's ignorance. COGNITIVE DISSONANCE look it up.

It's not about jobs. It's about the fact that there are literally millions piling into Europe unchecked. We do not know who they are. Some are definitely terrorists.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/germany-arrests-3-syrians-over-terror-attack-plot-on-busy-dusseldorf-street-1464872522

Pegida are against the Islamisation of the west. Muslims are very much for it. Have a read of this thread. It's about whether Sharia should be forced on non Muslims.
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?471410-Should-non-muslims-be-subject-to-Sharia-Law

A quick browse of that forum will give you an idea of the kinds of people we are inviting in. Some are most definitely mentally ill.
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?469501-Demon-devil-in-prayer-mat-musallah

I believe Ireland has agreed to accepting 4000 Syrian refugees by 2017. Who will be settled across the country. Whose religious make-up is unknown but likely to be predominantly Muslim.

I don't think that is comparable with the millions of Muslims in the UK to be fair :D

Our government has agreed to take 4000 + reunification, which means potentially 20,000 plus. That's just the tip of the iceberg and was based on the current numbers of Muslim migrants in Europe last year, that number has significantly increased already this year, along with the fact that hundreds of thousands of young male Africans are trying to make it from Libya to Italy, we'll then be expected to accept them.

Initially we were told a few hundred Syrians would be coming here, then a few thousand, then 4000 then that there is no upper limit. We were told that they would be Syrians and that they would be coming from UN camps in Jordan and Lebanon and that they would be well-screened to make sure that there wouldn't be any terrorists among them.

That changed to migrants who'd illegally made it to Italy and Greece and who only had brief interviews with a garda and a check to make sure they didn't have a criminal record, sure how would there be a criminal record when no system exists to show if they've been arrested in their country of origin, if they're even coming from that country or if they're even who they claim to be? They aren't even all Syrians, in fact Syrians are in a minority of migrants, most are Afghans and Pakistanis, followed closely by North Africans. Given Enda's got previous for licking Merkel's arse you can be damned sure he'll take as many as she wants him to and we've no legal obligation to take any.

We're spending 640 million in Foreign Aid this year alone, an increase on last years FA spending, along with 25 million we've given to Syrian refugees, 25 million we've contributed to the 3 billion euro bribe to Erdogan and we've got a flotilla of naval vessels in the Med providing a floating taxi service. All the while services for Irish people are being cut and we're being told the government can't afford to provide those services, yes they can, by stop spending that money abroad. Lets also not forget the 5000 asylum seekers who are in the system already, making repeated asylum appeals and which have already cost us 30 million in legal fees.

So yet again, as you have illustrated, the problem lies with the government and the laws of the land.

Yet Pegida direct their attacks on the refugees. Or is it immigrants? Does it matter so long as they are Muslim?

Which achieves nothing except stir up hatred on those people.

Sorry, from my own experience with Pegida supporters and the drivel they spread online I have no time for them or anyone associated with them.

So yet again, as you have illustrated, the problem lies with the government and the laws of the land.
    Sharia will be much better.
    Yet Pegida direct their attacks on the refugees. Or is it immigrants? Does it matter so long as they are Muslim?
    Well they are against the Islamisation of the west so there is a religious aspect.
    Which achieves nothing except stir up hatred on those people.
    The only hatred it stirs up is hatred against those who take the Koran literally and want to go back to the dark ages.
    Sorry, from my own experience with Pegida supporters and the drivel they spread online I have no time for them or anyone associated with them.
    Yeah, drivel like wanting to defend and retain our culture and way of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Sharia will be much better.

I am unsure how you got that from what he said .

jonski wrote: »
    I am unsure how you got that from what he said .

He is saying that the problem is with our government. Yes they are incompetent but I would argue that the problem is the jihadis we are inviting into our country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

He is saying that the problem is with our government. Yes they are incompetent but I would argue that the problem is the jihadis we are inviting into our country.

Well if our government is going out specifically inviting jihadis into our country then that is a concern .

However he was suggesting that our laws were a problem, at no stage did he suggest that the only alternative was Sharia . Maybe we should look at our laws first and see if they need to be modified, shur after that we can look at alternatives .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    Well if our government is going out specifically inviting jihadis into our country then that is a concern .

However he was suggesting that our laws were a problem, at no stage did he suggest that the only alternative was Sharia . Maybe we should look at our laws first and see if they need to be modified, shur after that we can look at alternatives .

Modify our laws to do what exactly? Enforce our borders? Not possible if we are part of the EU with that madwoman Merkel inviting hostile people into Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement