Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VO2 testing & Dexa scan

• 02-06-2016 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just getting back into my fitness (personal issues resulting in the pounds piling on) and am wondering is it worth getting a Dexa scan and VO2 testing done? If so, suggestions of the best place. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hi, I'm just getting back into my fitness (personal issues resulting in the pounds piling on) and am wondering is it worth getting a Dexa scan and VO2 testing done? If so, suggestions of the best place. Thanks

You're probably better off investing that money in getting back into it. All it does is put a number on a starting point. You don't really need to quantify what that is right now. You just need to work on your diet and exercise and start making the changes and take plenty of progress pictures and judge your progress that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kazmcdonald

Much appreciate the advice. Am doing the photos and measurements for each stone. I walk about 5km a day and started the couch to 5k a month ago. Need to work a bit harder with the food as I'm not a lover of big dinners and tend to be more of a snacker. I also got rid of my big plates and now use small plates for dinner which is helping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

VO2 max is only worth it if it will somehow have input to you training. I've tailoring intensity based on VO2/LT. But a current snapshot of fitness, it's not worth it. Other free examples do the same job.

Dexa is about as valuable as skin folds, vital measurements etc. Or another other means of tracking. It's not actually all that accurate either.

Advertisement