Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie needs increased moderation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shadsfilleti

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    So now in addition to Boards.ie being anti-gay, anti-lesbian, anti-lgbt, anti-Muslim, anti-Jew, anti-Catholic, anti-Fianna Fail, anti-Fine Gael, anti-Labour, anti-Sinn Fein, anti-teacher, anti-Garda, anti-black, anti-immigrant, anti-Cork, anti-Limerick, anti-anyone-outside-the-pale, anti-cyclist, anti-anti-water charges, anti-free speech, anti-non-neoclassical economics, it is now anti-poor.

Duly noted.
    Pity nobody in the history of the universe would ever even hallucinate about calling boards anti-FG, anti-black, anti-immigrant or anti-Garda. Your list of "contradictions" is utter garbage as you are inventing that those happen.
    My imagination or do you have every last person in the boards meet up thread thanking your post here? Probably just a coincidence. Yeah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think my account is about to be closed very soon.
    And I am not a martyr I like it better over there.:D

Surely you should stay there then with all the other whining victim claimers.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shadsfilleti

Surely you should stay there then with all the other whining victim claimers.
    Well insist on staying at their level why don't you. That'll make you look professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

I am not a victim I just don't agree with the Marxist left wing propaganda on this board being passed off as public opinion.
    50'000 users banned I am in good company.:D

You aren't banned, you're trying your best yet here you still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I am not a victim I just don't agree with the Marxist left wing propaganda on this board being passed off as public opinion.
    50'000 users banned I am in good company.:D

I thought you'd left in a huff?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Look at me, aren't I cool. Good lord.

The more constructive feedback is probably from the axe grinders then, as they have experienced something that gives them an axe to grind eh?

Boards has come to mean something to me. I'm a bit surprised because at the end of the day it's it's an online discussion forum and I'm more about real world interactions. Yet I have made friends here, fell less lonely, smiled.

I'm concerned that over moderation will kill the site. I'm concerned the Gearbest debacle will kill the site. I'm concerned the lack of response from the community managers will kill the site.
    Because the place matters to me. Not because I have a beef with Dav or the admins or because I've been banned or infracted or feel injustice because I can't refer to some posters as assholes or prícks.

If the site creates such anger and frustration, where one feels their every turn is being monitored and picked apart then perhaps it isn't for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Boards has come to mean something to me....

Are people not allowed to have genuine gripes without being dismissed as axe grinders though?

All the things you mention ARE contributing to the demise of the site, but so also is the awful attitude of "like it or lump it, go elsewhere".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

MMMMOOOOOOOOORE!?!?

giphy.gif

Are people not allowed to have genuine gripes without being dismissed as axe grinders though?

All the things you mention ARE contributing to the demise of the site, but so also is the awful attitude of "like it or lump it, go elsewhere".

It's just that some of the complaints seem deeper than just gripes. I wish I had evidence for that belief. Maybe it's the tone but when this thread was started it just seemed a bit "off".
    Also does it not belong in the 'ghost town' thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Man, feedback has been awesome over the last few weeks.

This thread is akin to some young fella posting a picture of himself smoking a joint on Facebook to prove what a badass he is to everyone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Man, feedback has been awesome over the last few weeks.
    It's becoming the new/old AH..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pity nobody in the history of the universe would ever even hallucinate about calling boards anti-FG, anti-black, anti-immigrant or anti-Garda. Your list of "contradictions" is utter garbage as you are inventing that those happen.
    I'd say SF, T was noting what boards have been accused of, rather than why may be the actual reality. I have seen someone accuse the place of being a bunch of nazis. Yeah. I know. My gob was well smacked at that. Loony leftie libs I can see to a degree, but nazis? :D
    It's becoming the new/old AH..
    But we're talking/ranting/debating/waffling/agreeing/disagreeing. And that's cool by me anyway. It's when that stops, we're in trouble as a community. TBH I'd much prefer a hundred people thinking me a wanker, than one agreeing with me. I might learn something from the former and it would be an active community regardless.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

So this thread has been edited to remove all posts by one poster AND to remove all mentions of the unmentionable website.

Yet they can't remove an individual users posts on request:rolleyes:

So this thread has been edited to remove all posts by one poster AND to remove all mentions of the unmentionable website.

Not that they can't, they just choose not to. I don't blame them at all for that.

Not that they can't, they just choose not to. I don't blame them at all for that.

One excuse is that it'd ruin the flow of threads.

But this thread has been completely butchered, posts removed, quoted posts changed, posts with bits snipped, etc. So it's ok in some cases then?

One excuse is that it'd ruin the flow of threads.

But this thread has been completely butchered, posts removed, quoted posts changed, posts with bits snipped, etc. So it's ok in some cases then?

There wasn't a lot of flow in someone baiting to be banned, posting the same image over and over again. Literary classic it is not.

I've heard of one user reporting twenty or thirty of their posts asking for them to be deleted, all trivial, nothing posts. In numerous threads. Why should mods bother their hole for people like that.

Why should mods bother their hole for people like that.

I guess with the above attitude you'll never understand why.

I guess with the above attitude you'll never understand why.

Nope, I won't. If people's internal filters are that broken they can't trust themselves to post sensibly on an anonymous Internet forum then Idiocracy is just around the corner. I imagine these people blurt out secrets to people on the bus, or shout out their pin number in the local Costa.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just for clarification, RIGHTisRIGHT deleted all his own posts, they were not removed by a mod.

And it's never been said that a user's individual posts couldn't be removed, we've always acceded to requests to remove posts that contain personal or identifying information.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Just for clarification, RIGHTisRIGHT deleted all his own posts, they were not removed by a mod.

And it's never been said that a user's individual posts couldn't be removed, we've always acceded to requests to remove posts that contain personal or identifying information.

A mod must have removed the quoted posts and snipped things from other posts though? I remember the thread, even without Rightisrights posts it looks considerably different now.

A mod must have removed the quoted posts and snipped things from other posts though? I remember the thread, even without Rightisrights posts it looks considerably different now.

The only thing that was removed by a mod was the image that RiR repeatedly posted before he deleted his posts. It was also removed where someone quoted it.

The only thing that was removed by a mod was the image that RiR repeatedly posted before he deleted his posts. It was also removed where someone quoted it.

And the references to the other website where a different poster spelled it with an accent to get round the filter?

And the references to the other website where a different poster spelled it with an accent to get round the filter?

Another admin must have removed them. But so what, our policy is not to give that site any publicity on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

So what? What are you whinging about? It's a site full of sad bastards whinging about this site and being vile little pricks towards the mods, users and admins. What's your problem with any reference of it being deleted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I'm just waiting for the basic living income threads to pop-up to further attack the unemployed folk yet again. They'll sliver in and use it as another bashing thread. Got to hand it to Sweden though :p

So what? What are you whinging about? It's a site full of sad bastards whinging about this site and being vile little pricks towards the mods, users and admins. What's your problem with any reference of it being deleted?

What I'm whinging about is that a mod asserted that posts in this thread were removed by a poster only but the reality is that the thread has had posts removed and changed by mods AND admins. I prefer honesty.

What I'm whinging about is that a mod asserted that posts in this thread were removed by a poster only but the reality is that the thread has had posts removed and changed by mods AND admins. I prefer honesty.

Seriously? You're whinging about something as trivial as one or two words that were removed without me spotting it? And if you read my posts properly instead of looking for ways to try and make yourself look big and clever you'll notice that I said that images were removed by a mod as well as the posts being deleted by RiR.

Seriously? You're whinging about something as trivial as one or two words that were removed without me spotting it? And if you read my posts properly instead of looking for ways to try and make yourself look big and clever you'll notice that I said that images were removed by a mod as well as the posts being deleted by RiR.

It's nothing to do with looking big and clever although if that's your attitude it's hardly worth bothering with you but you only mentioned the images being removed after I challenged your original assertion.

Why are you being snippy about it?

You made a claim, I challenged it, you acceded a bit more, I pointed out that that still wasn't the whole story. Then you came along with an attitude because you didn't like that I'd pushed for the whole story.

Seriously, it's like pulling teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭polluxspiky

Maybe the "other forum" should just cough up and voila their name will be removed from the filter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement