Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie needs increased moderation

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Why do we entertain some of these posters!? Why do posters and mods waste their time? From this thread and the Ghost town thread you can see genuine posters, mods, cmods, etc. both sides of the fence discussing, debating and trying to be constructive.

Then you have the trolls, the WUMs, etc who will never take anything on board, they will argue eternally. Why, because they are trolls, they are WUMs, they want to spend the day winding people up and making themselves look "clever".

Don't waste your breath with these clowns. They really aren't worth the time put into responding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭polluxspiky

Yet again we have mods being abusive and filing anything they don't agree with (or simply can't argue against) as trolling. How convenient.
    And they wonder why the place is at death's door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭RIGHTisRIGHT

Yes I deleted my own posts as the content of the posts was sniped by the mods.

The thing to understand is I am not a troll I posted factual and fair posts in the politics cafe in the European immigration thread.
    A number of extreme left wing posters had the thread closed a number of times I think it went through about four versions.

The entire politics cafe was nuked by boards.
    I honestly believe the extreme left wing and liberal thinking is a form of mental illness.

As regards the site we are not allowed link I do not agree with trying to out peoples real names but from what I have heard the mods of boards.ie wanted to do the same for posters on the other site so it's quite silly to claim boards.ie has the moral high ground.

I am a racist I am a bigot call me whatever you like names don't bother me however what does bother me is Europe is going down the toilet and it is next to impossible to discuss this on boards.

Through all of this debacle the left have shown they have no problem with violence and thuggish behavior.
    There is a rape epidemic in Europe right now and Islam is the engine and those that call for uncontrolled immigration are the enemy.

Boards.ie bans all opinion that does not fit with the left wing mantra.

The left talk about tolerance like it is a good thing but that depends on what you are tolerating.

Mass rape murders terror attacks native population homeless while illegal aliens who have no right or place in Europe or Ireland and given homes.

I know my post will be pulled apart and very few if any will agree with me but that is what banning 50'000 users accounts will do.

Now the left like to call people like me hateful but what is brushing rape under the carpet and rape victims receiving death threats for daring to speak out.
    Funny thing is at one time I was very left wing but what turned we was the liberal agenda is built on lies.

Boards has many sections but politics is serious and the way it is handled here is a joke.

Working class people and homeless people have endless hate aimed at them on After Hours the place for light and friendly discussion.:rolleyes:

I think the left on boards spew total crap but I would by happy to share a level playing field with them as their arguments fall apart really quickly in a fair debate.

Terms like gender fluid make me want to vomit and boards enforces rules that make things like this look like the accepted norm in Ireland however the fact is it's not the accepted norm and no amount of bullying brainwashing and name calling is going to change that.

Boards.ie is a private board that does not give the right of free speech however boards trying to lead public opinion down the crazy left wing path by selective enforcement of it's own rules can be expected to be called out on it.

I got a warning in a thread because I did not agree with the idea of men wearing skirts.
    Men are men and the foundation of Ireland is Christian values and it will be a cold day in Hell when backwards death cults like Islam be granted equal footing by people like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Your posts yesterday said very little/nothing, this post today is full of explanation and whatever people think of it, it's a basis for discussion and explains your position. Completely different from posting links you must have known were going to get deleted?

Your posts yesterday said very little/nothing, this post today is full of explanation and whatever people think of it, it's a basis for discussion and explains your position. Completely different from posting links you must have known were going to get deleted?

The sole purpose of my posts yesterday was for as many people as possible to see the link to the other site.

• Advertisement

He could just pay up and then he can post what he likes. Just ask Gearbest.

Yeah they definitely leave themselves open to accusations of that by taking the money.

He could just pay up and then he can post what he likes. Just ask Gearbest.

It will be another cold day in Hell that I pay boards.ie anything.:D

However and excellent point.

It will be another cold day in Hell that I pay boards.ie anything.:D

However and excellent point.

Doesn't work for users anyway, just iffy companies, but that's another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Why do we entertain some of these posters!?

Because they have a different opinion, and a discussion board with only one opinion and all other opinions banned is not a discussion board.
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Why do posters and mods waste their time? From this thread and the Ghost town thread you can see genuine posters, mods, cmods, etc. both sides of the fence discussing, debating and trying to be constructive.

Then you have the trolls, the WUMs, etc who will never take anything on board, they will argue eternally. Why, because they are trolls, they are WUMs, they want to spend the day winding people up and making themselves look "clever".

Don't waste your breath with these clowns. They really aren't worth the time put into responding.

One man's troll is another man's opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, so this has gone from one discussion on one topic, to the usual "let's all pile on and have a go at Boards.ie/moderators/cmods/admins/janitors".

It's interesting to note the number of "new" posters who somehow manage to find this thread. And it's fascinating how they seem so informed as to how oppressive Boards.ie is. And don't get me started on how curious it is that the majority of these people use disposable email accounts.

So, if you are a "new" poster and if you feel you have a "contribution", well don't bother. You want to see how oppressive/left-wing/liberal/flying-spaghetti-monster-worshipping we are? Well you ain't seen nothing yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement