Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 15), June 3-4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The Bray match is on tonight, don't know why it was changed fir this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Looking forward to heading to Turners Cross tonight. If we lose I think thats a hand and a half on the trophy for Dundalk, so its a must win for City and theres absolutely no reason why they cant win it having beaten them up at Oriel earlier in the season.

Cork City are once again the only team stepping up to try and stall Dundalks domenince this season so I think its in the interest of the league for Cork City to win, of course Dundalk fans wont agree but I hope its a cracking game infront of a huge crowd.

City 2-0 Dundalk, McGuire with both. Bolger and O'Donnell to be sent off within 45 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Big match in Inchicore for both teams. After our absoultely shocking performance last Sunday its hard to have any confidence in us winning. Hopefully Bucko read them the riot act last week and we will get a good performance but who knows what team will turn up the one that beat Shams early this season or the one that last so badly last week. Hoare is suspended for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Tasty game in Cork tonight. Two very different teams who will approach the game differently. Caulfield's "blood and guts" approach will have Cork hitting the field in a frenzy. Dundalk will try to dominate possession and use the excellent surface of Turners Cross to move the ball quickly.

I can't call it to be honest. Small details usually decide these games, a mistake or a bit of quality play. I just hope it isn't the referee.

Tasty game in Cork tonight. Two very different teams who will approach the game differently. Caulfield's "blood and guts" approach will have Cork hitting the field in a frenzy. Dundalk will try to dominate possession and use the excellent surface of Turners Cross to move the ball quickly.

I can't call it to be honest. Small details usually decide these games, a mistake or a bit of quality play. I just hope it isn't the referee.

Sure we're all GAA heads isnt that right White Horse? Its the only way we know.

Safe travel to all coming down from Louth and lets hope for a fantastic game of football on a fine day here in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

2-1 to Dundalk. We are the King's of Ireland. Horgan ( a shoe in for this season's player of the year) is in dazzling form. Finn is beginning to relish the rough and tumble that goes hand in hand with playing in the middle of the pitch. He shouldered one of the Wexford Youths players last Sunday and nearly sent him out on to the Carrick Road such was the ferocity of his hit.

In fairness to Cork they've stepped it up a couple of gears since a few crappy performances in April and it looks as though they will be our only challengers again. Unfortunately for the Leesiders nobody beats this Dundalk side twice in a row. Stevie back to full fitness, solid back four, international goalkeeper and gamechangers in Finn and Horgan should see us prevail. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pighead wrote: »
    2-1 to Dundalk. We are the King's of Ireland. Horgan ( a shoe in for this season's player of the year) is in dazzling form. Finn is beginning to relish the rough and tumble that goes hand in hand with playing in the middle of the pitch. He shouldered one of the Wexford Youths players last Sunday and nearly sent him out on to the Carrick Road such was the ferocity of his hit.

In fairness to Cork they've stepped it up a couple of gears since a few crappy performances in April and it looks as though they will be our only challengers again. Unfortunately for the Leesiders nobody beats this Dundalk side twice in a row. Stevie back to full fitness, solid back four, international goalkeeper and gamechangers in Finn and Horgan should see us prevail. Can't wait.

Other than the fact we have beaten you twice in a row already this season (yes I am including our brave victory in the presidents cup)

Sad news coming from Athlone, players refusing to travel to Waterford tonight after being told they wont be paid again this week. Is it asterix time again?

Thats a shame, but fair play to the players. During CCFCs troubles a few years back I was quite annoyed with our lot for continuing to go to games despite not being paid. I was downright embarrassed with the radio appeal to pay a bus driver so we could go away to SPA.

Them not travelling will help their casue lots more than actually fulfilling the fixture imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Would have been a small crowd but that could be the financial tipping point for the Blaas too. No more games for weeks now to get a few bob in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Very optimistic about the Bohs game. Was a stunning performance against Dundalk and we pushed Bohs very close last time we played. We are a far better outfit now vs then.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

That athlone game is a disaster. Pity Waterford because I know the they need money too. Appropriate time for the players not to give in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Mushy wrote: »
    The Bray match is on tonight, don't know why it was changed fir this game.

Was looking forward to a long Saturday in Bray.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lasting more than 5 minutes without conceding would be a bonus unlike in Cork and Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

While I support the stance against non payment of wages, doing it a few hours before the game isn't a good decision to be honest. It should have been decided before today not to travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Corholio wrote: »
    While I support the stance against non payment of wages, doing it a few hours before the game isn't a good decision to be honest. It should have been decided before today not to travel.

In an ideal situation you're right but I'll bet the players were fobbed off and given vague promises right up to the point they gave the club an ultimatum i.e. pay us now what we're owed or we're not travelling. I wouldn't blame the players here at all, they are the ones out of pocket. The club administrators must have known yesterday or before that they didn't have the funds to play the players and should have fessed up then rather than stringing them along hoping for a miracle which was unlikely and eventually didn't materialise.

1887 -> 2016. If this does turn out to be the death knell for ATFC it's not been a bad run. I'm one of the lucky ones who stood in St Mel's park in 1975 when Johnny Minnock missed a penalty against AC Milan when we drew 0-0 with them. It's many moons ago now :eek:

Harps :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Super win for Harps and much needed after a tough few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

in fairness the bad run lasted all of 8 days. it was a bit over exaggerated. we got nailed for being a part time team/lads working between matches(recovery)/unable to get off.

In saying that... had a good feeling (damn going with my head in the prediction league) but did not expect to win that well!
    Sligo probably had more possession but couldnt break down out defence at all. A few pot shots from distance until the last few minutes. They kept a very high line which we were loving and never changed it

• Advertisement

We were dreadful tonight, such a confused team.

Unfortunately for the Leesiders nobody beats this Dundalk side twice in a row. Stevie back to full fitness, solid back four, international goalkeeper and gamechangers in Finn and Horgan should see us prevail. Can't wait.

Alright bud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

On Athlone, it really doesnt reflect well. Something that has been building and as Je_suis_Jean said, im sure there is an element of false promises for the players. By chance a friend sent me a link earlier today of Matthews interview on shannonside a month ago (guess this is why it re-surfaced) where it was said about players not being paid so obviously it had continued.
    Waterford also in bother and im sure were counting on the gate and a hit to another club with a great history struggling to survive.

It doesnt make life any easier trying to bring new fans to the league when these stories are all too constant. Too many LOI clubs live on the breadline and with the basic entry costs to enter the league there is only so far you can cut things before it is simply untenable to enter.
    No idea what the solution is but something drastic has to be done, not just for the LOI but for football structures as a whole in this country. I think most would agree 1 division is not ideal but we are going to end up that way by default if we continue down the current road.

With no home game now until July, might Waterford end up going before Athlone...

Rovers Pats, roles reversed from the Tallaght game, scoreline reversed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

FAI release statement lambasting Athlone for not fulfilling the fixture. While it does not look good at all on the club, it'd be more in the FAI's line to pump a bit of money into the game in this country rather than the inevitable hefty fine coming while they pay that prick Delaney 360k per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

If I see JD gettng lifted in the air by the supporters in France, and that shoe nonsense....
    I'll run away with his lady friend!!!! and demand that 200k of that salary is redistributed into the league from now on
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/league-of-ireland-teams-to-split-475-500-in-2016-season-prize-money-1.2558562

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Our promotions hopes look to be finished after last night's defeat in UCD.

One of the most ridiculous penalties I've ever seen conceded. Ball going out of play, sure why not handle it? :rolleyes:

No surprise what's happening in Athlone after the interview Mathews did in the radio a few weeks ago. 57 people at a home FAI Cup tie as well.

The First Division looks to be finished.

I think Athlone need to accept that they simply son't have the local fan base to be commercially viable in LOI. It would be a shame for a club with such history but it's time for them to cut their cloth, downsize the club and enter the Leinster Senior League if there's a way for them to be accommodated. After a few years if they somehow manage to regroup and gain some success they may be in a position to reapply for entry to the LOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I think Athlone need to accept that they simply son't have the local fan base to be commercially viable in LOI. It would be a shame for a club with such history but it's time for them to cut their cloth, downsize the club and enter the Leinster Senior League if there's a way for them to be accommodated. After a few years if they somehow manage to regroup and gain some success they may be in a position to reapply for entry to the LOI.
    But there are a few questions Athlone have to ask themselves.
    1) Where has all the support from the 70's and 80's gone? Athlone was a much smaller town then with a smaller population.
    2) What the hell is wrong with the business people of Athlone to allow this to happen?
    3) What have the management committee done to halt the slide?
    4) Were they too stupid to see it coming?

Terrible to see once great clubs like Athlone and Waterford in the sh1t they're in, but unfortunately we can't lump all the blame over on Delaney or the FAI.

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    Alright bud?
    No. Not alright at all. Referee made an absolute show of himself last night. I'm embarrassed for him. That's twice now Chris Shields has been wronged in big games. The only positive to take from last night was the way we absolutely pummelled Cork for the final half hour despite being down to ten men. Caulfield acting like a spanner again at the end for the handshake with Kenny. Although in fairness he was probably too embarrassed to look Stephen in the eye after the referees performance. Few weeks off now, we'll regroup, go on another unbeaten run until the end of the season before cementing our place in the history books with three league titles in a row.

No. Not alright at all. Referee made an absolute show of himself last night. I'm embarrassed for him. That's twice now Chris Shields has been wronged in big games. The only positive to take from last night was the way we absolutely pummelled Cork for the final half hour despite being down to ten men. Caulfield acting like a spanner again at the end for the handshake with Kenny. Although in fairness he was probably too embarrassed to look Stephen in the eye after the referees performance. Few weeks off now, we'll regroup, go on another unbeaten run until the end of the season before cementing our place in the history books with three league titles in a row.

Only decision the ref possibly got wrong was the penalty which was missed anyway. The red card is as easy a decision any ref will ever have to make. Dundalk dominated possession early doors but created nothing. Once CCFC scored Dundalk were rattled and the tackles started flying from them. A sterner ref would have sent O Dinnell off for his constant fouling from the opening minute.

The fact that Chris Shields basically asked Beattie outside after the match tells a lot of his character. A sore loser. Like the rest of the squad it seems.

Long long road to go. Dundalk are hurt but know how to cross the line. The mentality of Cork City has always been questioned and rightly so. We have a good chance to win it this time but Dundalk are still favourites.

As for the absolute pummelling? Apart from the very death where McGuire cleared off the line I though we were extremely comfortable watching Dundalk get more frustrated.

Great night. Great win. The reaction from up north makes it all the more satisfying.

gimmick wrote: »
    Only decision the ref possibly got wrong was the penalty which was missed anyway. The red card is as easy a decision any ref will ever have to make. Dundalk dominated possession early doors but created nothing. Once CCFC scored Dundalk were rattled and the tackles started flying from them. A sterner ref would have sent O Dinnell off for his constant fouling from the opening minute.

The fact that Chris Shields basically asked Beattie outside after the match tells a lot of his character. A sore loser. Like the rest of the squad it seems.

Long long road to go. Dundalk are hurt but know how to cross the line. The mentality of Cork City has always been questioned and rightly so. We have a good chance to win it this time but Dundalk are still favourites.

As for the absolute pummelling? Apart from the very death where McGuire cleared off the line I though we were extremely comfortable watching Dundalk get more frustrated.

Great night. Great win. The reaction from up north makes it all the more satisfying.
    I'll talk to you when you have a chance to look at the game again on tv. Seems like you had a restricted view as you're summation of the game is all over the shop.

The penalty you got was a stonewaller. No doubt at all about it. Not sure how you think ref got that one wrong.
    Red card has universally been described as harsh. Even your favourite son Dan Murray said it was never a pen.
    We had more chances than just that header cleared off the line. Kilduff alone had two excellent chances. One he scuffed wide when he had a clear shot on goal and one which was brilliantly blocked by Cork defender. McEleney also had a good shot deflected wide.

Anyway, it's all over now. Cork proved in the final ten minutes last night that they still have those nervous pant wetting frailties that will prevent them from pushing on and claiming glory. Good team no doubt but I don't think they have the mental toughness to seal the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

It was as blatant a red card as your likely to see. Shields was utterly stupid to be diving in two footed, studs up, over the ball. He has no one to blame but himself. He needs to take a long hard look at himself after that. He left his team down badly last night, thoroughly unprofessional. If I were Kenny I'd be fining him a week's wages for that.

A deserved win for City, but not getting carried away. We played very well in patches, Bolger was just top class in the middle and I thought Browne dealt very comfortably with everything that came his way. Maguire ran himself in to the ground, Dooley took his goal very well. Still a long way to go and Dundalk are still favourites, but it was nice to see us win in a relatively comfortable manner against the champions.

Cracking atmosphere too, there's nowhere like Turners Cross when it's rocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Roar wrote: »
    It was as blatant a red card as your likely to see. Shields was utterly stupid to be diving in two footed, studs up, over the ball. He has no one to blame but himself. He needs to take a long hard look at himself after that. He left his team down badly last night, thoroughly unprofessional. If I were Kenny I'd be fining him a week's wages for that.

It was a yellow card at best. Didn't see much wrong with it myself. Pretty sure studs weren't showing, his foot looked flat. Setanta commentators agreed if I recall.

I can't see how anyone could argue it's not a red card to be honest. Even some of the Dundalk fans I was speaking to afterwards agreed that it was, and that Shields was stupid for throwing himself in like that.

https://twitter.com/SetantaSports/status/738818839425785856

• Advertisement

A deserved win for City, but not getting carried away. We played very well in patches, Bolger was just top class in the middle and I thought Browne dealt very comfortably with everything that came his way. Maguire ran himself in to the ground, Dooley took his goal very well. Still a long way to go and Dundalk are still favourites, but it was nice to see us win in a relatively comfortable manner against the champions.

Cracking atmosphere too, there's nowhere like Turners Cross when it's rocking.
    Studs were quite clearly down. Your whole point loses any validity if you can't even admit that much.

Relatively comfortable does not equate to hanging on for dear life at the end. Should have been relatively comfortable given you were playing against ten men for almost an hour but it wasn't.

My view on it was that it wasn't a red card, pretty silly tackle, but not a red because he led with one foot and sort of half pulled out near the end. I had to laugh at the Setanta commentators trying to blame Beattie for it though, it was still a rough enough tackle and he still half cleaned him out with it, just not a red. If a City player had been given a straight red for that I'd have been annoyed.

However the talk that Dundalk 'pummelled' us for the last half hour is way off. Dundalk had chances in the last 10 minutes as you'd expect them to do at being just 1-0, but before that they were fairly pedestrian and weren't creating much at all. It was a misplaced pass from Buckley and Nults doing his usual 1 mistake a game that gave Dundalk 2 of the chances at the end. It's the least threatening Dundalk have been in any match we've played them in the recent past. Bolger far and away the best player on the park and Browne not far behind.

It was also about the 3rd game in a row that O'Donnell should have been sent off against us. He gets away with absolute murder at times.

Corholio wrote: »
    My view on it was that it wasn't a red card, pretty silly tackle, but not a red because he led with one foot and sort of half pulled out near the end. I had to laugh at the Setanta commentators trying to blame Beattie for it though, it was still a rough enough tackle and he still half cleaned him out with it, just not a red. If a City player had been given a straight red for that I'd have been annoyed.

However the talk that Dundalk 'pummelled' us for the last half hour is way off. Dundalk had chances in the last 10 minutes as you'd expect them to do at being just 1-0, but before that they were fairly pedestrian and weren't creating much at all. It was a misplaced pass from Buckley and Nults doing his usual 1 mistake a game that gave Dundalk 2 of the chances at the end. It's the least threatening Dundalk have been in any match we've played them in the recent past. Bolger far and away the best player on the park and Browne not far behind.

It was also about the 3rd game in a row that O'Donnell should have been sent off against us. He gets away with absolute murder at times.
    Excellent analysis Corholio (apart from the O'Donnell part, that was a bit low). Although I would have to point out there was a reason why we were the least threatening you've seen us. We had ten men! Our usual onslaught which happens whenever we go a goal down didn't materialise because we had to be careful. We had ten men.

The gameplan for the second half was obviously to sit tight for twenty minutes and then go at Cork for the last 209 minutes or so. Also Cork's full back had a great game against Horgan. Didn't really give him a sniff. No mean feat. Also Maguire was impressive again. Think we're going to regret letting him go.

I can't see how anyone could argue it's not a red card to be honest. Even some of the Dundalk fans I was speaking to afterwards agreed that it was, and that Shields was stupid for throwing himself in like that.

https://twitter.com/SetantaSports/status/738818839425785856

That's never a red, went for the ball with the top of his foot, studs nowhere to be seen.

red sean wrote: »
    But there are a few questions Athlone have to ask themselves.
    1) Where has all the support from the 70's and 80's gone? Athlone was a much smaller town then with a smaller population.
    Athlone was indeed smaller but it was more of an Army town back then. Over the years a number of things have happened which impact on the demand/support for ATFC:-

- The # of soldiers and their families have declined - these were always a strong cohort of the ATFC fan base.

- The increase in population is mostly an influx of people who didn't previously have connections to the town and don't have an in built affinity to the club.

- Competition: This can't be underestimated. ATFC are competing with other sports (both GAA and Rugby have really taken off in Athlone over the last 2-3 decades) and the availability of UK premier league and European soccer on TV not only makes it easier to watch soccer but it then sets a very high bar for what people expect to see when they go to a game and going to watch ATFC just doesn't live up to that.

- Mismanagement - I recall after the success of winning the LOI twice in the early 1980's and the whole AC Milan adventure ATFC spent a pile of money buying a new clubhouse and that, for me anyway, was the beginning of the slippery slope. The clubhouse became a glorified late drinking club, lost a pile of money and was shut down. It was eventually demolished. Since then there's been the move from St Met's park to Lissywollen which is a fine stadium but the club can't attract the gate receipts and sponsorship to run a commercially viable club. They are forever incurring deficits and having to be baled out one way or another. It's simply not sustainable any more.

- Disconnection from the local community - There doesn't seem to be any formal connection or affinity between ATFC and the local soccer clubs such as Willow Park FC and St Peters FC. People who play for or support Willow Park and St Peters tend not to support ATFC.
    2) What the hell is wrong with the business people of Athlone to allow this to happen?
    Not sure what the business people of Athlone have to do with the success or failure of ATFC? Why would any business want to spend a few thousand Euro advertising to a couple of hundred people every week? Why would any business want to be associated with such a poorly managed club when there are other sports or social activities they can spend/donate their money to which will give them a far greater audience and/or positive PR. Clubs have to offer something compelling for businesses to part with their hard earned cash and ATFC do a very poor job relative to the other sports clubs in the area.
    3) What have the management committee done to halt the slide?
    4) Were they too stupid to see it coming?

Many iterations of the management committee over the last 15-20 years have tackled this problem without success. They always see it coming and they always do what they can to scrape by but you can't keep pulling a rabbit out of a hat every year and eventually you have to succumb to the economic reality that there simply isn't a market in Athlone for a commercially viable professional soccer club any more. The numbers just don't add up and haven't added up for years.
    Terrible to see once great clubs like Athlone and Waterford in the sh1t they're in, but unfortunately we can't lump all the blame over on Delaney or the FAI.
    100% agree. Clubs, regardless of their heritage, don't have a divine right to exist. Unless the FAI are going to start subsidising the existence of clubs for some sort of "strategic" reason (which I personally wouldn't agree with) clubs who have don't have sufficient paying support to make them viable have to be let die. There will be a lot of wringing of hands and pointing of fingers but a lot of the people who do the complaining will be the very people who don't go to matches week in week out.

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    That's never a red, went for the ball with the top of his foot, studs nowhere to be seen.
    I think the temperatures down in Cork must have been in the high 30's all week. A lot of them seem to be dazed and confused due to developing sunstroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd say a red was harsh looking at the clip. A bad challenge for sure, but don't think it warrants a red.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Studs were quite clearly down.

LOLOLOL

Studs up, dove in high, recklessly.

I know you're biased as it was your own player, but come on man, it's a red card all day long, Shields can have zero complaints.

Referee gets one look at it, you can analyse multiple angles in slow motion all you want and try and justify it, but the referee sees a guy jumping into the air with two feet and with studs up, he's going to give a red. Beattie was lucky not to get seriously hurt.

Corholio is spot on about O'Donnell too, he should have been off. He lost the head completely last night.

Think it was quite harsh but probably did look bad from the referee's angle. Bit un-necessary for him to go flying in.

LOLOLOL

I know you're biased as it was your own player, but come on man, it's a red card all day long, Shields can have zero complaints.

Referee gets one look at it, you can analyse multiple angles in slow motion all you want and try and justify it, but the referee sees a guy jumping into the air with two feet and with studs up, he's going to give a red. Beattie was lucky not to get seriously hurt.

Corholio is spot on about O'Donnell too, he should have been off. He lost the head completely last night.
    Think it's you that's lost your head Roar. You don't know the difference between up and down. Get yourself into the shade and have a cold drink.

My word you lot really are bad losers. Great to see :)

Excellent analysis Corholio (apart from the O'Donnell part, that was a bit low). Although I would have to point out there was a reason why we were the least threatening you've seen us. We had ten men! Our usual onslaught which happens whenever we go a goal down didn't materialise because we had to be careful. We had ten men.

The gameplan for the second half was obviously to sit tight for twenty minutes and then go at Cork for the last 209 minutes or so. Also Cork's full back had a great game against Horgan. Didn't really give him a sniff. No mean feat. Also Maguire was impressive again. Think we're going to regret letting him go.

I think even Kenny even said it was the worst first half you've played against us since he was manager. Of course ten men played a part but it was from the start and, as you said, you're best player was rendered completely ineffective by our right back from the first whistle. In a way I was annoyed ye had a player sent off because it shifted the focus away from how good we were playing. I've no doubt we would have made more chances in the second half against 11 men than against 10 sitting men as well.

LOLOLOL

Are you on a wind up or blind? How the hell were his studs up?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Harsh Red as Cork fan, but I can see why he was sent off too, if makes sense

Was worst Dundalk performance at Cross last couple of seasons I seen them, but they are still the team to beat.

Awful losers though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement