Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lithium Battery - Delivery to Ireland

• 03-06-2016 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have been searching for a powerful and durable powerbank for a couple of months. Finally I decided to buy the Anker PowerCore 20100.
    I tried amazon, uk, es, it, de, and com but none of these would deliver the item to Ireland nor Northern Ireland. (the annoying note was there "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland"

Than I emailed Anker support to find out the reason. Their reply (pdf file of the IATA regulation) was quite surprising;

the link for IATA regulation(can someone correct the link, I am not able to post it):
    http*www*iata*org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/lithium-battery-guidance-document-2015-en.pdf

Summary is; this regulation is in place from April 1st 2016 and it is now restricted to transport lithium metal and lithium ion batteries to Ireland via air.

Do you guys have any idea on how to overcome and order this product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

ozozo wrote: »
    I have been searching for a powerful and durable powerbank for a couple of months. Finally I decided to buy the Anker PowerCore 20100.
    I tried amazon, uk, es, it, de, and com but none of these would deliver the item to Ireland nor Northern Ireland. (the annoying note was there "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland"

Than I emailed Anker support to find out the reason. Their reply (pdf file of the IATA regulation) was quite surprising;

the link for IATA regulation(can someone correct the link, I am not able to post it):
    http*www*iata*org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/lithium-battery-guidance-document-2015-en.pdf

Summary is; this regulation is in place from April 1st 2016 and it is now restricted to transport lithium metal and lithium ion batteries to Ireland via air.

Do you guys have any idea on how to overcome and order this product?

Was in the same predicament as you, tried various suppliers in the UK - Amazon, Ebay etc.. to no avail. I was about to buy from an Irish company at hugely inflated prices when I discovered Address Pal.

Sign up to Address Pal by An Post, you will then have a mainland UK address so there will be no problems purchasing through Amazon, An Post ship the goods via Sea and you collect the item in your local post office.

I bought the Anker 20000 Quick Charge 3.0 Powerbank for £33.00 from Amazon UK + Free Shipping within the UK and then a charge of €3.50 from An Post for shipping to my local post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ozozo

Was in the same predicament as you, tried various suppliers in the UK - Amazon, Ebay etc.. to no avail. I was about to buy from an Irish company at hugely inflated prices when I discovered Address Pal.

Sign up to Address Pal by An Post, you will then have a mainland UK address so there will be no problems purchasing through Amazon, An Post ship the goods via Sea and you collect the item in your local post office.

I bought the Anker 20000 Quick Charge 3.0 Powerbank for £33.00 from Amazon UK + Free Shipping within the UK and then a charge of €3.50 from An Post for shipping to my local post office.

You are a life saver! Thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

ozozo wrote: »
    You are a life saver! Thank you very much!

Just back from a weekend with no electricity. Charged 2 tablets and 3 phones from empty with the Anker and still had a quarter of battery to spare. Best bit of kit I have bought in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ozozo

Just back from a weekend with no electricity. Charged 2 tablets and 3 phones from empty with the Anker and still had a quarter of battery to spare. Best bit of kit I have bought in years.

Well, I ordered and it arrived to addresspal address on the next day. I was checking addresspal website and saw this in the prohibited items list: "Batteries including lithium-ion batteries (individually or as part of an electric device)"

I hope they don't find out that my item is a huge lithium ion battery, lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭craigcharlie

Thanks a ton - you're a lifesaver! Great to know about this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 TheSunRise

I have received Li battery for scooter from china and I didn't have problem here .

Advertisement