Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck Incident: Dublin city centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Speaking of blind spots, let's remember the RSA's vampire cyclists:

http://irishcycle.com/2015/06/29/rsa-accused-of-faking-video-of-bicycles-hidden-in-truck-blindspot/
    RSA-HGV3.jpg?w=568
    RSA-HGV4.jpg?resize=640%2C360

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A bicycle might be more manoeuvrable, but in that particular instance I'd rather be on a motorbike than clipped in on a bicycle. Easier to just jump off and leave it behind.
    That's a bit like debating whether it's better to be armed with a spoon or a fork when confronted by an aggressive grizzly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

traprunner wrote: »
    The one difference between cyclists and motorcyclists is that it's much quicker to move a bicycle out of the way. Motorcycles don't usually have a reverse gear and are heavy to push while on them. Bicycles are easy to move. It is a great video for demonstration and I agree it is a lot better than diagrams alone. Both diagrams and videos should be used in conjunction to highlight just how big of a blind spot there is.

Only half true that, I have quite a powerful bike and the speed and torque of it allows me to avoid so many situations that I'd never avoid on a bicycle.

Advertisement