Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Pub re-opening? - Rose Earley's

Options
  • 03-06-2016 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

anyone know what's happening with rose earley's/dunnes pub? saw people moving in and out of it the other night and now there is a sign up 'The River Club' texas holdem, poker etc.... a quick google of this and it seems there used to be a card club there before. Is it re-opening or is there a new pub opening? I had heard from a relatively reliable source that there was a new bar going in there....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I believe a cocktail bar is opening there. The same crowd that have the silken Thomas in Kildare have bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

They were handing out free samples of beer yesterday as part of the Newbridge food festival. I was talking to a few of the lads working there. It was bought by Bru Brewery from Meath and they are going to sell their craft beers along with food. Opening in the next 3-4 weeks.

"Brú will significantly expand its brewery site this year as well as negotiate for a second pub in Newbridge as part of the expansion plan. The funding was led by former C&C finance director Alan Daly."

http://www.hospitalityireland.com/meath-brewers-to-open-craft-beer-pub-in-dublin/25659

Bru House opened in Newbridge this week. Have yet to try it but will report back when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Passed Bru House about 9pm tonight, big crowd there and seemed like a good a
    tmosphere. A man outside smoking told me the food was delicious. Will give it a turn tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

lanomist wrote: »
    Passed Bru House about 9pm tonight, big crowd there and seemed like a good a
    tmosphere. A man outside smoking told me the food was delicious. Will give it a turn tomorrow night.

Probably the only pub in the town with a big crowd tonight!!

• Advertisement

I went in for a few pints and a bite to eat on Thursday night. Tried all their own beers and have to say they were very nice. My favourite was their IPA. The pints are around €4.30 each so reasonably priced. The place got very busy in the few hours we were there and they had to open upstairs too to accommodate. Ordered food which was nice but it was a very long wait. Over an hour between starters and mains. Think they were overwhelmed with food orders so seeing as the place had only opened I suppose that could be expected. The staff were friendly and kept asking for input on food and drink. It definitely has potential!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Called in with my neighbour last night lovely pints but missed the food totally my fault for leaving so late.

Certainly will be back. Lovely beer garden as well.

Advertisement