Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volcano Exploration Base (#60124)

Options
  • 03-06-2016 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Just got the below Set sent over for me to review on a blog i run. Will post a few photos when finished, looks very interesting and a good way to spend a Bank Holiday Monday ;-)

Click linky for more info

Volcano Exploration Base (#60124 RRP: 79.99, 110)

Science rocks with the Volcano Exploration Base! Featuring a volcano with eruption function, scientists and explorers get to discover the secrets of the lava. Set up the mobile operations centre complete with lab, fly the drone to plan the expedition and then use the excavator and dumper to place the lava' boulders in the rack and break them open to find the crystal elements. The set comes complete with a team of minifigure scientists, adventurers and back-up crew.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Like the look of the set and the multiple vehicles and the heavy suit guy is class. The drone is a nice touch too. The 'volcano' itself is pretty disappointing. That said, I don't know how you'd improve it besides giving a baseplate and bricks to build a caldera or a lava-covered slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi Guys
    Little review on the above set. In short very very good and well worth the retail price.

linky

cheers

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Little review on the above set. In short very very good and well worth the retail price.

linky

cheers

I'm sold - thanks for the review!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hi Guys

linky

cheers

Great write up, loads of pictures too, certainly underselling it as a little review! Very impressed, thanks. Think that set will be a purchase at some point.

I love that truck/trailer lab thing...reminds me of the truck/trailer lab vehicle from Jurrasic Park The Lost World

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I love that truck/trailer lab thing...reminds me of the truck/trailer lab vehicle from Jurrasic Park The Lost World
    that's is very true - its a little beast of a truck also. some neat little details on it

Advertisement