Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport queue times

Options
  • 03-06-2016 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any insight on how busy I can expect it to be in T2 tomorrow morning?

Flight is at 10:10 and I am wondering how much time I will need to leave myself to clear check-in/bag-drop, security and Immigration.
    Travelling with family

More than 2 hours?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You mention immigration so if you're flying to the US, general consensus is to allow three hours.

If your departure is at 10:10 then it looks like you're flying to Atlanta with Delta. Post 9 a.m. there are flights to Chicago (9:25), Chicago (9:50), Charlotte (9:55), Atlanta (10:10, your flight), New York (10:50), Philadelphia (11:20) and Chicago (11:30) so pre-clearance will be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

This is fantastic information.
    Thank you very much.

can I ask, what the recommended time would be for a US citizen, traveling from Dublin to US. Im assuming they wouldnt have to clear immigration?

The flight is at 11.30, we were thinking(hoping) that getting to airport for 9.00 would be enough.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Jake1 wrote: »
    can I ask, what the recommended time would be for a US citizen, traveling from Dublin to US. Im assuming they wouldnt have to clear immigration?

The flight is at 11.30, we were thinking(hoping) that getting to airport for 9.00 would be enough.

Any advice would be appreciated.

All passengers regardless of nationality/citizenship must go through the customs and immigration (CBP) for US direct flights.

Arrive at 9am at the latest.

All passengers regardless of nationality/citizenship must go through the customs and immigration (CBP) for US direct flights.

Arrive at 9am at the latest.

thank you so much. :) we will try to be there for 8.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Rosita

Just wondering if there's any shopping especially somewhere to get some breakfast after going through US immigration? I'm just thinking of getting through as early as possible would hate to be stuck in some twilight zone at the airport for a few hours with no facilities and young kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

Rosita wrote: »
    Just wondering if there's any shopping especially somewhere to get some breakfast after going through US immigration? I'm just thinking of getting through as early as possible would hate to be stuck in some twilight zone at the airport for a few hours with no facilities and young kids!

From the Dublin airport website your selection after pre-clearance looks rather limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

crashplan wrote: »
    From the Dublin airport website your selection after pre-clearance looks rather limited.

+1 and as the poster mentioned kids, be aware that there are limitations (based on US Dept of Agriculture regulations) on what food you can bring past the pre-clearance people and into the holding area. They will assume that all items of food that you have on you will be brought to the US and taken off the plane which means that they will not allow most fresh fruit and you could also find that they confiscate sandwiches containing meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Rosita wrote: »

Depends what you mean by breakfast. There is a small cafe/bar after the pre clearance area, where you can get tea, coffee, mini bottles of wine, bottles of juice & water, muffins, buns, bars of chocolate etc etc. There are no options for a proper, sit down, hot breakfast. Once you are past the US pre clearance area, USDA food regulations apply, so sadly Irish rashers & sossies are about as welcome as a kilo of heroin. :(

Advertisement