Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Upgrade Programme

Options
  • 03-06-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Got a letter re 'essential gas upgrade works to the gas service pipe as it is located in a porch area with the potential to be enclosed by a porch. Which may result in the relocation of the gas meter.' I called the company 'Gas Networks Ireland' to find out exactly what the issue was. I advise the company that we would not be able to enclose our porches. The rep then said that the work was only to upgrade the pipe. He said the pipe would be Gun Barrel and this would not be up to regulation. I told him the house was built in 2005 and would likely not be gunbarrel pipe. He couldn't advise me as to why the work was to be carried out.

These types of work are funded by the standing charge we pay. A bit worrying that the information in the letter could not be confirmed or clarified by the rep. Is somebody 'creating an issue' to generate work for themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Have you raised it with the Management Company as any work being done thats funded by our management fee would have to approved by them.

My understanding from reading the letter was that Bord Gais were doing this themselves (but I could be wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

A few of the houses are being done. The management company is not funding this. This is being funded fully by board gais networks. From what I gather they will lift the driveway, replace the pipe and then come back and relay the drive.

Also BGN are advising that a lot of the gas fired in the townhouses are faulty and should be disconnected for safety reasons.

Advertisement