Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales person signed me up with wrong information

Options
  • 03-06-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

One of your reps called to my door on 6/5/16 and offered me a standard unit rate of 13.68c with a further discount coming in June/July of 6% with an upcoming promo....

I got him to write the unit rate on the contract before i signed it however today i got a welcome email and a link to a PDF containing a price chart that states 15.89c for direct debit customers and 15.53c for direct debit and online billing customers....

You are in breach of your contract and i would like clarification please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

The salesman probably quoted you ex vat and the email is vat incl. Some quick maths would seem to suggest this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Owryan wrote: »
    The salesman probably quoted you ex vat and the email is vat incl. Some quick maths would seem to suggest this

But that's illegal as by law they must quote VAT inclusive figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi 085cheeky,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We will certainly look into this for you if you private message us the Electric Ireland account number(s) in question, stating that you are the account-holder, your name and your address and date of birth.

Is your offering for Dual Fuel or electricity only? Here is a page on our website listing all the unit rates and effective unit rates with savings applied. There have been changes in savings offerings since you signed up in May (but these would only apply to customers who signed up after these changes were implemented on 18th May). If you send us your details also, we will review your account ASAP.

The 6% reduction (effective since Wednesday of this week) is a decrease of the electricity unit rate rather than a discount, and is automatically applicable to all Electric Ireland residential customers for unit usage from Wednesday 1st June onwards.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement