Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Cable Routing

Options
  • 03-06-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hey, has anyone any tips on how to approach a first attempt at internal cable routing? Just bought a Canyon Ultimate frameset and I'm confident moving over everything else... it just the cabling that's troubling me :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

GCN had a good video on it if you can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

What I do is get an old spoke magnet and attach it to an old spoke so when you put the cables for the mechs you can put the spoke and magnet up via the bb area and you can go fishing for the cables.
    You can use the hooked end of the spoke to lift the cable up from the inside of the frame for the rear brake and rear mech.

HTH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

godtabh wrote: »
    GCN had a good video on it if you can find it.

This one?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

CramCycle wrote: »

Yeah I was to lazy to look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

The Canyon frameset should come with guides prefitted. You should just need to run the new cable through the guide and then remove the guide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

FCUK INTERNAL CABLE ROUTING.

Raam wrote: »
    FCUK INTERNAL CABLE ROUTING.

Indeed!
    Those very words have been muttered and shouted by many mechanics (both pro and amateur) while searching for lost cables in frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

koutoubia wrote: »
    Indeed!
    Those very words have been muttered and shouted by many mechanics (both pro and amateur) while searching for lost cables in frames.

I stupidly pulled the guides out of a new set of handlebars which I bought. I'll never make that mistake again.

Oh yeah.
    A once only mistake which I made as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

koutoubia wrote: »
    Indeed!

....but they look sooooo pretty once done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement