Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA Direct Debit to closed savings account

Options
  • 03-06-2016 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I had a BOI savings account that I was putting 100 euro into every month that I recently closed, however the SEPA direct debit still existed and sent the latest 100 euro out of my account, I have since cancelled the direct debit but I am wondering if the 100 euro that was sent to the non existent savings account will be automatically returned to my account or if there is a process I need to follow to get it back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi,

I had a BOI savings account that I was putting 100 euro into every month that I recently closed, however the SEPA direct debit still existed and sent the latest 100 euro out of my account, I have since cancelled the direct debit but I am wondering if the 100 euro that was sent to the non existent savings account will be automatically returned to my account or if there is a process I need to follow to get it back?
    Good Afternoon Atomic Pineapple,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

If a direct debit is sent to a closed account it is returned to the source account, and is usually back within 5 working days. Apologies this did not happen automatically for you, to check if it is now completely cancelled you can send an Ask A Question through your 365 Online banking. 

I hope this answers your query, but please let us know if there is anything else. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement