Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Society Powerscourt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Dr.Rieux wrote: »

Looks good, can't wait for it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

still looking good:

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Powerscourt_Estate/hour_by_hour.html

I better play well after sacrificing the boys in green :o

No banter tonight lads and ladies. It's very quiet since Fixde went on his hols

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Looking forward to tomorrow, course looks great and weather should be good.

Here are the handicaps please make sure that it is correct and within 2 of your GUI

Time Name Name Name
    12:12 doublecross 7.5 Dr.Rieux 24 spacecoyote 12
    12:21 a post punk 28 Alanm 11.5 scubapro 17.5
    12:30 Ben1977 10.5 Brendan141 19 tigerwood1 20
    12:39 Golfgraffix Guest 6 BigChap1759 13 Seve OB 14
    12:48 Golfgraffix 11 RoadRunner 16 ballyk 17

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Looking forward to it - lovely course but a long time since I played it. Needing to take advantage of the relatively small field to get some GOY points!

Anyone played it this year??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ben1977 wrote: »
    No banter tonight lads and ladies. It's very quiet since Fixde went on his hols

Been to busy sitting over the cash out button watching Spain. Clicked to early a few times but kept going back in for more. Have covered myself for a few lost balls tomorrow!

Not played the East in about 10 years so no real idea what to expect. Have been out on the West a good bit in recent weeks and can tell you it's tough. A member tells me the East is not so tough with a bit more shelter from the wind. I'm not sure it that me and more trees though..... Lol

Looking forward to the morning now big time, could most likely be playing there again on Sunday! Nearly feeling like a member up there these days :D

Guys would any of the early starters mind swapping with BallyK in the last group ?

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Guys would any of the early starters mind dealing with BallyK in the last group ?

J

Is he looking to swap? I can if that suits?

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Is he looking to swap? I can if that suits?

That is great, do you mind ?

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

That is great, do you mind ?

J

Of course not. My GUI has also come down to 22, so will play off that tomorrow rather than the 24 I had last year if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Looking forward to tomorrow, course looks great and weather should be good.

Here are the handicaps please make sure that it is correct and within 2 of your GUI

Time Name Name Name
    12:12 doublecross 7.5 Dr.Rieux 24 spacecoyote 12
    12:21 a post punk 28 Alanm 11.5 scubapro 17.5
    12:30 Ben1977 10.5 Brendan141 19 tigerwood1 20
    12:39 Golfgraffix Guest 6 BigChap1759 13 Seve OB 14
    12:48 Golfgraffix 11 RoadRunner 16 ballyk 17

J

My gui is 12. So I should be playing off 14 tomorrow not 16. Cheers.

RoadRunner wrote: »
    My gui is 12. So I should be playing off 14 tomorrow not 16. Cheers.

I think this will be the 1st time we have played together.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭a post punk

Looking forward to it now , hope the greens are not as hard as oakmount

I think this will be the 1st time we have played together.

J

Yeah. Looking forward to it, Apols in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Enjoy today guys and gals :) my money is on Mr. Captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Macker1

Enjoy the golf folks.......Keep us posted on the scoring / results.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

Congrats to space on a great score of 37pts around a hard track,
    personally speaking i was expecting to shoot the lights out after playing great in lucan on sunday but just never got it going today. however i did manage to take a few bob off ben & brendan on the backnine and that was even after ben eagled 12th with a 321yard drive, he did ask me not tell anybody modest guy.

Cheers Tiger.

Yeah, I played really solid golf today. Did nothing spectacular, just made lots of pars & bogeys. Only blip was a duffed 9 iron on the index 18 par 3 16th which resulted in a scratch. Left a lot of putts short, but lagged well all day.

A big thanks to doublecross & Ballyk for the company today. Unfortunately ballyk couldn't buy a putt & doublecross was a little too erratic off the tee which made life tough. Both the lads made great 2s though, so our 3-ball didn't do too bad out of the day.

Powerscourt is a lovely course, my 1st time playing the east course. It's a good test, generous off the tee, but well protected greens. I found reading some of them very tough. Was nice to play off the whites, it really changed the lines you had to take on some holes.

A major thanks to GG, another great choice & the prizes really are seriously generous. I've already been showing off the Jack ball to my (very jealous) dad & the in-laws

Firstly thanks to Golfgraffix for organising another fantastic course. A course you need to play at least once before to know the lines and what's around the greens.
    It was great to play off the whites, I think Fixde will have words with you when he returns :).
    Sorry myself and Brendan141 couldn't hang around, the wives were heading to a hens so we had to get home ASAP.
    Great banter on the course with Tiger and Brendan141. I played some great holes and then some brain farts. 30pts was ok for the amount of mistakes I made. Did I tell you i got an eagle on 12. Driver 321yards 8ir 187yds to pin high left, then a chip in for eagle.
    I'm not too fair away from a big score.
    Found some of the pin positions very iffy.
    Congrats to Tiger on winning the big pot of €6 in our 3 ball. Congrats to space on a great score.

What finished 2nd and 3rd Tiger?

• Advertisement

Ben1977 wrote: »
    What finished 2nd and 3rd Tiger?

36 second was BigChap
    36 third was Roadrunner

Seve OB wrote: »
    36 second was BigChap
    36 third was Roadrunner

That's some great scoring on a tough day out. Congrats lads, though if you played to your HC there you were in with a shout

Agree with Ben. It's a tough all course if you haven't played it before. I would have done a lot of things different. Though having said that, I played up and down like a yo-yo, but mostly down! got a few rubs of bad luck and my putting which has been excellent of late just went off for a wander yesterday! A midweek lesson was playing on my mind and probably didn't let myself swing freely!

Well played to my playing partner Big Chap, he was rock solid all day and his score could have as easily been 40 points. Thanks to him and GG guest for an enjoyable round.

Results are in, well done to SpaceCoyote and all the winners.

Powerscourt Results

Really enjoyed the day, a little slow for 3 balls but I think there was a society out in front of us. I loved the course, great views and a great variety of holes, only scored 24 points but felt like I played a lot better, ball striking was good but just seemed to choose the wrong shot most of the time.

Played with Roadrunner and Dr.Rieux, 3 geeks in the one 3 ball ! Really enjoyed the company, thanks lads

Roadrunner is one serious golfer, hits the ball a mile and very seldom off line, a little more aggression on his putts and he wold have had 40+ points.

Dr.Rieux wont be off 22 for long, very solid golfer.

We had both the nearest the pin and longest drive in our group (although with Roodrunner 3rd Doublecross took the prize for LD)

J

SeveOB, having played both courses recently, which is the more difficult and which would you prefer to play regularly?

Hmm, I played very well on the west. Would love another crack at the east before I could make a proper decision as I would defiantly play a lot of it quite different.

But I think I do prefer the west. I would say it's tougher, more picturesque, and better golf holes. Sand in the bunkers over there too. One thing about yesterday, bunkers were terrible. Also on the west there are toilets and water fountains in a few places. None I saw yesterday

a little more aggression on his putts and he wold have had 40+ points

Anyone up for a vote to change goty points system to take into account the score players could have got if not for x?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Anyone up for a vote to change goty points system to take into account the score players could have got if not for x?

Love it 😜

Enjoyed my round with golfgraffix and dr rieux. Probably enough nerdy startup and computer programming chat to let me write the day off as a business expense! Long game was working well. Thinned a couple of wedges at bad moments. And couldn't get the putter working for me. 3rd place was nice, but felt I could have taken this one! Not to worry though, this was definitely the highlight of my weekend as I Followed up with a poor round in awful weather the following day. The lads both had their moments, the dr. really should have been in on the 2's after a beautiful 7i in on what might have been the 7th or 8th. The pace of play was bad unfortunately. There was two groups waiting on tee boxes many times through the round. This affected gg's shooting for sure who just likes to play. Fitting that we got a clear stretch on 18 for him to get his only bird of the round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Thanks to SeveOB and guest Fran for a very enjoyable round and to captain GG for organizing on another great choice of venue. I've probably played the course 7/8 times but it 10+ years since I last played it and I'd forgotten what a great golf course and beautiful location it was - reminds me a lot of Gleneagles. A very tranquil and calming place.

Seve had some good holes mixed with some not so good and Fran had 2 hours sleep after his work so I was amazed he could play at all! My game wasn't quite there but it's a sign of my improvement this year that I can still score OK when the game is not 100% - holed a few nice putts as well which always helps. Delighted to get some decent GOY points finally as I'll not make Castlemartyr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭doublecross

Well done space on the win, solid golf all day. Some lovely iron shots. I think you were using GameGolf? I'd be curious to see you GIR % and putting stats? So I know what it takes to win one of these ;)
    Myself and ballyk struggled a bit but we had our moments. Great course with a good variety of short and long holes, unfortunately I found the rough to often off the tee.
    We were the first group out but the slow play was nothing to do with us, we had a 5 min wait on nearly every tee box. Society 3 ball scramble in front were the root of the problem.
    Thanks to GG for organising the day, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I had my society Captain's Day there on Saturday. We were out early and played stableford in 4 balls and finished in good time, so I'm not taking any blame for yere slow rounds :)
    Lovely course. 16,17 and 18 very scenic finishing holes.
    Thought the greens on the first 5 holes were very slow. Maybe dew as we were out so early.

Well done space on the win, solid golf all day. Some lovely iron shots. I think you were using GameGolf? I'd be curious to see you GIR % and putting stats? So I know what it takes to win one of these ;)
    Myself and ballyk struggled a bit but we had our moments. Great course with a good variety of short and long holes, unfortunately I found the rough to often off the tee.
    We were the first group out but the slow play was nothing to do with us, we had a 5 min wait on nearly every tee box. Society 3 ball scramble in front were the root of the problem.
    Thanks to GG for organising the day, really enjoyed it.

Yeah was using gamegolf alright. Numbers were:

FIR: 35%
    GIR: 50%
    SCRAMBLING: 33%
    PUTTS: 33

You definitely had your moments. Played the 2 toughest holes on the course tee to green beautifully, especially your approach across the water into the long par 5, 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭a post punk

Sorry about the very late reply lads. I had the pleasure of playing with this years 2 time champ Alan m and we had a very enjoyable round. It's easy to see why he's in pole position in the illusive goty table! For a player late to golf like myself he has a great swing and streets ahead of me the course was well worth the near 3 hour spin up for me when you drive in and pass the mountains on the left and matured trees lining the drive it has to be 1 of the most picturesque courses I have been too. I didn't play too bad myself but my putting was not great which cost me a lot of points and hitting the ball into the water on the par 5 17th I think spelt the end of any decent score........what a hole though! I think my favourite hole was the 2nd with those trees really nice. Thanks to golfgraffix for a trip well worth making and I will definitely revisit powers court

Advertisement