Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open water swim meet ups 2016

Options
  • 03-06-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find if a thread had already been started for this this year and the search function brings me to a 1990's style website that I can't find anything on.

Anyway, because of the good weather I'm going swimming this Sunday at 1 in Skerries, high tide seems to be around 12 this Sunday so should be grand for swimming. Will be getting in at the headland spot at the end of the beach (not sure of it's name but it's fairly obvious when your there) if anyone is around and fancies some company. (Swim may be cut short if Jelly fish are out and about with the warm weather too. Or seals. Or big crabs)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

I might be on for this. I'll see how much enthusiasm I have for it after today first though, and I'll confirm in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Looks like there has been some waste dumped into the water in skerries and all swimming there has been suspended for 3/4 days. No swimming in skerries tomorrow for anyone.

Is that the case for all of North Dublin? If Portmanock has the all clear, would you be on for going there instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

There's an OW race on in Portmarnock today, Men 11.30, Women 12.15, expecting big crowds. You know you want to :P Need to be Swim Ireland regged though (it might be that 3D Tri members also are members of 3D Masters, worth checking?)

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    There's an OW race on in Portmarnock today, Men 11.30, Women 12.15, expecting big crowds. You know you want to :P Need to be Swim Ireland regged though (it might be that 3D Tri members also are members of 3D Masters, worth checking?)

No, the 3D Masters is something we have to sign up for separately. I know I've talked about it on my log, but it's something I haven't gotten around to yet. There's too much to be done before today's race, but I promise you'll see me at some OW race somewhere down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Only seeing that about portmarnock now zico. When I heard about the beaches I spent most of the morning out and about. I hope to be out in skerries next weekend if the water is sorted, I'll post up here again if I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Heading to Lough Brackan for around 6.45pm for a long ow swim if anyone fancies it. Too many jellies in Clogherhead now!

Advertisement