Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Dublin bike Ride 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well i made it up to Dublin in my donkey & cart to register

so i'll be joining all you city slickers on Sunday...so there:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

actually, this is probably the first such organised ride i would have done, except for the fact i'm on the redeye out on holidays the next morning and will be spending the day getting organised for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Borderfox wrote: »
    Unable to make Sunday due to doctors instructions so ticket available for 100km if someone needs one.

Sickened :-(
    Still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

bkgator wrote: »
    Hi

I haven entry for the 100km that I can use as away with work ,,,anyone interested PM me

B

Gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

brianomc wrote:
    It all comes in a handy drawstring bag so you can just put that on your back. Maybe bring a plastic shopping bag to put the bits inside incase it rains. Although only the number is at risk of getting damaged. I just looked and there's a bottle of mouthwash inside the bag. Weirdest goodie bag item ever?
    Not as weird as just wart cream at Limerick Marathon haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

managerman wrote: »
    Gone?

Known of 2 lads in my work who are just going to ride the course without signing up.Both are racers,so will do the course without using the foodstops.They say as no charity is involved they dont feel guilty about not paying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Known of 2 lads in my work who are just going to ride the course without signing up.Both are racers,so will do the course without using the foodstops.They say as no charity is involved they dont feel guilty about not paying!!

I wonder will these 2 lads avail of the closed roads, the marshals, the Moto outsiders, the volunteers and Gardai manning the junctions. All of which have to be paid for.
    In my opinion, their moral compasses are somewhat askew.
    At least, they won't be able to say, truthfully, that they did The Great Dublin Bike Ride
    Is it sociopaths, who don't feel guilt, if they do wrong?
    In short, they are leeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

@ Eamonnator,I agree with you 100%.Was talking to them yesterday about it and they said they train on/around the route all year round,plus not using the foodstops it will be like a normal ride for them.I mentioned the closed roads,to which they replied that they would'nt be riding on closed roads as they will join in at Fairview and leave the route around Stoneybatter!! One of them actually said that because the Naul area is so popular with riders that they expect 100's of riders will just tag in on the course.
    I wouldnt mind,but both of them could afford the entry fee and ride the event from start to finish all signed up correctly.As you say,no moral compass.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Drove into smithfield to rgister last night. Took me 2 hours to battle traffic for a trip what would normally be 45 min. Location was a total pain to get to. They had already run out of medium shirts at 4.30pm friday. Unsurprisingly they had a load of XXL left. Anyway, done now hope to enjoy the spin and fingers crossed with weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Ranjo wrote: »
    Drove into smithfield to rgister last night. Took me 2 hours to battle traffic for a trip what would normally be 45 min. Location was a total pain to get to. They had already run out of medium shirts at 4.30pm friday. Unsurprisingly they had a load of XXL left. Anyway, done now hope to enjoy the spin and fingers crossed with weather.

I signed in June and provided my jersey size S just to hear that only XL and XXL sizes left. How many XL and XXL riders whey expect? 0 would be my guess.
    First 2000 riders provided sizes and organizers still managed to screw it up. Doesn't inspire much confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

managerman wrote: »
    Still available?

Yeah still available

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

strmin wrote: »
    I signed in June and provided my jersey size S just to hear that only XL and XXL sizes left. How many XL and XXL riders whey expect? 0 would be my guess.
    First 2000 riders provided sizes and organizers still managed to screw it up. Doesn't inspire much confidence.

Not all are skinny and small. The XXL is a little cosy for my likening. Unless people were given the option to change the size as some may have lost weight in training for it. I wasn't offered the option but then again I didn't ask to.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

The weather looks like it'll hold up for the morning according to met eireann. Wind might pick up in the afternoon but fingers crossed we'll be finished by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

If anyone has a L or XL cycling top that they'd like to swop for a L t-shirt, I'd gladly swop ;-)

Unfortunately though we gave details months ago, groups were given the shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

how do you find out which wave you're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Ranjo wrote: »
    how do you find out which wave you're in?

There are 4 "pens". Two for the 100 two for the 60. Its basically first to come gets in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

loads of cyclists out on the section between ashbourne and ratoath today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

stecleary wrote: »

If only i could move as quick as that blue dot !

Was out for a quick 30KM spin today it was very warm..with just a undershirt and a Longsleeve ...has me thinking my planned use of a Gilet might be overkill but the wind expected tomorrow may keep it a bit cooler .

https://www.strava.com/activities/707010082

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Anyone need a ticket for 100km PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,537 ✭✭✭✭ted1

That's a big sizist plenty of cyclist wear XXl

I signed in June and provided my jersey size S just to hear that only XL and XXL sizes left. How many XL and XXL riders whey expect? 0 would be my guess..

Keep a look out for me tomorrow, strmin. I'll be easy to spot. I'll be be the biggest lad out there, the one in the XL jersey, that fits me perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

https://www.facebook.com/greatdublinbikeride/posts/832344146900779

Seems they'll be sending up up the Coast Road, may take that bit easy.

weather looks Ok for the east coast, so things are looking up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Would love to be doing this. Enjoy your day tomorrow guys n gals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

No Jersy for David.

#sadface

No Jersy for David.

#sadface

Ahhh

how quickly does the collins barracks car park fill up? how early should i need to get there??

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

fryup wrote: »
    how quickly does the collins barracks car park fill up? how early should i need to get there??

Its only the second year of the event and I'm not even sure if it was open last year. Basically I think the thing to do is get there as early as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Last call if anyone needs a ticket for 100km gdbr i'll be up till late - im in dun laoghaire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement