Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband bills likely to increase due to rise in wholesale prices

Options
  • 03-06-2016 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

"Broadband bills will be that bit higher from September on, after Eir announced an increase in the wholesale rates that the company charges other broadband providers for using its network.

It is understood that the regulator Comreg has just granted Eir an increase of its wholesale prices from €19.50 per month to €23 per month. This increase will likely be passed on by operators to customers in some form or another".

Link: http://theliberal.ie/broadband-bills-likely-to-increase-due-to-rise-in-wholesale-prices/

@Eir - Why? We're are already the most expensive in the EU... ridiculous, nothing but greed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭mikeecho

hellboy99 wrote: »
    "Broadband bills will be that bit higher from September on, after Eir announced an increase in the wholesale rates that the company charges other broadband providers for using its network.

It is understood that the regulator Comreg has just granted Eir an increase of its wholesale prices from €19.50 per month to €23 per month. This increase will likely be passed on by operators to customers in some form or another".

Link: http://theliberal.ie/broadband-bills-likely-to-increase-due-to-rise-in-wholesale-prices/

@Eir - Why? We're are already the most expensive in the EU... ridiculous, nothing but greed!

I'll just be happy if I ever get a good speed.

My connection is only 4mb on a good day, so I'll happily pay any premium for a 30mb+ line.

Currently awaiting ftth 1Gb.
    And for that I'll gladly pay the €80+ they are currently asking.

Beggers / Choosers etc

Advertisement