Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs issue.

Options
  • 03-06-2016 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

I have used Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in "Light" before (I have milk bottle legs!) but I find it's actually quite orange on me.

Have any of you ever mixed it with moisturising lotion before applying?
    Did it turn out OK or was it patchy?

Heading out the weekend and I don't want tangerine pins!
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

fussyonion wrote: »
    I have used Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in "Light" before (I have milk bottle legs!) but I find it's actually quite orange on me.

Have any of you ever mixed it with moisturising lotion before applying?
    Did it turn out OK or was it patchy?

Heading out the weekend and I don't want tangerine pins!
    Thanks in advance.

Did you put moisturiser on your legs before applying or it with the SH?
    Was the moisturiser/lotion scented?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I think it's the oils in moisturiser that break it down and make it patchy. I've tried mixing a really light lotion from aldi and that was a bit better but I've since given up and embraced my pastiness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

I use the SH airbrush legs all over :o
    Never had any probs with it all, best instant tan imo.

I spray it onto a VERY lightly moist(and I mean a teeny drop of water)sponge(bath sponge)and it always turns out fab. Every time. Not a patch in sight and I dont end up looking like I was rolled in Doritos :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I mix it all the time with body lotion, the colour is more subtle and natural. I use a perfume lotion (the ones free with perfumes) because it's light and not too oily. I always "cut " it with a moisturiser because it's feels and looks much nicer on me. It's also easier to blend with a lotion :) Garnier 7 days also blends well off the top of my head, e45 and creams like that don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Disclaimer: I like really really dark tan.

When I want to be extra dark, I put on a layer of Sally in Deep Glow. Then I go over it it in St. Moritz in medium. It takes the powdery/foundationy look off the Sally and makes the tan darker while still maintaining the flawless coverage Sally gives.

OP I know you like light tan, but what if you used one of those spray on oil free moisturisers to achieve the same result? The principle would be the same, It would dilute the tan, but instead of making it darker it would make it look more opaque. I'm pretty sure Vaseline do one.

Just a suggestion :) and to any ladies that like a dark tan, I highly recommend my method!

• Advertisement
Advertisement