Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Aid 2016 - England vs Rest of the World - June 5th, ITV, 8pm Kick Off

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

SlickRic wrote: »
    Most of the ROW look like they've never kicked a ball.

Every year I come away thinking it would be better as a full on legends/ex-pro's match.

I know it's supposed to be a laugh but it gets frustrating watching lads who can barely kick a ball when you're used to watching a decent standard usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Every year I come away thinking it would be better as a full on legends/ex-pro's match.

I know it's supposed to be a laugh but it gets frustrating watching lads who can barely kick a ball when you're used to watching a decent standard usually.

But then a PL footballer wouldn't have Patrick Kielty to beat in goals, and England wouldn't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Schwiiing wrote: »

Nah, just get some decent celebs for ROTW. England had a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

RobertKK wrote: »
    But then a PL footballer wouldn't have Patrick Kielty to beat in goals, and England wouldn't win.

Whereas England had celebrated world class goalkeeper Jamie Theakston in goal.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

SlickRic wrote: »
    That red is the least England deserve for taking this whole thing far too fúcking seriously.

From Wilkes giving ROW a lecture to give the ball back after an injury, to Carra's forearm into Shane Ward, to Shepherd's two ridiculous fouls, to playing one of the Premier League's best strikers, they've been a joke.

In a way it's hilarious how serious it's all taken by them. Defoe was busting is nut to get on the score sheet, Davids, Ronaldinho and Cafu were noticeably easing off the pedal when they got into the final third and the English still almost lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

7 page match thread for a charity game.

You wouldn't get that for most international friendlies. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Korat wrote: »

Did you see Ben Sheppards 2 footed tackle on Edgar David's? This was no friendly!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The likes of Davids, Ronaldinho, Stam and the other RoW players are probably playing 1 or 2 of these sorts of matches a month now. They don't bust their gut cause they know its a fun game for charity, with nothing on the line.

But some of the England celebs...I think they are trying to "Live the dream", and then you've got the likes of Defoe who probably doesn't do that many charity matches yet, so still has that professional "Win every game" mindset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

eagle eye wrote: »
    Would they get an audience for it? I'm not watching it and I don't know anybody who is.

watching it purely to see Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Korat wrote: »

7 Pages? You're doing boards wrong :eek: it is only 3 pages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

7 Pages? You're doing boards wrong :eek: it is only 3 pages

Naah it's easier to avoid pointless gifs by having less posts per page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

TheDoc wrote: »
    watching it purely to see Berbatov

He was back trying to win the ball on the edge of his own box at one stage. Utd fans must be fairly pissed off that its the most they've ever seen him run :)

Advertisement