Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue - Corks 'Night Life'

Options
  • 03-06-2016 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello,

Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the weather we are having at the moment. As you may be aware Corks Night Life has been a topical debate on various social media forms. IMO it has become a disaster.

I myself am a promoter for the underage market. I am at a stand still! Not only is the over age night life being effected, with limited clubs, strict bouncers, college ID required, etc etc. But the underaged night life is also gone to the dogs.

I have been organising teenage events for nearly a year and a half now and Cork is impossible to work in. I constantly have teenagers coming onto us asking for events life right and centre on our twitter, snapchat, Facebook page! I need a venue to work with. I was working with Silversprings for months until another event (nothing to do with me at all) went belly up and caused disastrous effects for everyone else. They stopped events, in the mean time I moved to a city centre location (tough sell for parents and teenagers) they then closed their doors! I'm at my wits end. I have emailed nearly venue in Cork, Hotels, clubs, GAA Clubs, City Hall and they are having none of it. Is offering people business really that bad?

Has anyone any ideas on how to work around this? Venue ideas? We are living in an age where who you know is more important than your experience or talents. I need help! Basically after my long long rant I am here for ideas! Thank you in advance :)

Advertisement