Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Sydney

Options
  • 03-06-2016 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm moving to Sydney around September. Just wondering in terms of accommodation is there something similar to daft or myhome?

Also what area are best to live in? I don't want to be city centre - maybe 30 mins outside the CBD with decent transport links / cycle routes.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 White Cockatoo

realestate.com.au

Domain.com.au

Flatmatefinders.com.au

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

The links above are all you need for finding somewhere to live.

In terms of the "best areas to live", that's very subjective. What is it you want from a suburb? Do you want to be by a beach? Do you want to be somewhere known for trendy cafes/bars/restaurants? Affordability?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

So in terms of where to live... I'd like somewhere near / convenient to the CBD as that's where I'll be working.

I'd like somewhere running & cycling will be easy - near a park / beach or other good running areas and if there was a cycling club nearby all the better.

In terms of price, I'm prepared to pay for somewhere safe & convenient.

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

onimpulse wrote: »
    So in terms of where to live... I'd like somewhere near / convenient to the CBD as that's where I'll be working.

I'd like somewhere running & cycling will be easy - near a park / beach or other good running areas and if there was a cycling club nearby all the better.

In terms of price, I'm prepared to pay for somewhere safe & convenient.

Any recommendations?

I'd start looking in the eastern suburbs like Bondi, Randwick, Coogee or northern beaches/Manly areas. Eastern suburbs are close to beaches, Centennial Park, Moore Park etc. Manly is another beach suburb on the northern side of the harbour with around a 30-40 min ferry ride to CBD.

If you're looking for a 1 bed apartment you're talking 400+ a week. Your best bed is to check Domain for some of those suburbs and their surrounding areas and see what you like and what you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Like others have mentioned the eastern subs is worth checking out. Centennial park has designated cycling tracks & there's a good choice of cycling clubs nearby. Bondi Junction is probably best when it comes to transport links to the city.

It's actually less than 20 mins to Manly on the fast ferry. Beautiful spot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement