Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land to lease for silage

Options
  • 03-06-2016 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I have 15 acres of land to lease in Meath for cutting of silage. The land is pretty good. How much should I be charging for first cut or first cut+second cut?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

as much as one fella will pay for and another will nearly pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

There's been a few threads on this topic here over the last few weeks. Difficult to say without further information, has land got fertiliser etc, but consensus indicated in the region of €120 - €170 acre depending on quality & local demand factors.

Here's one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99319434

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

yorep wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have 15 acres of land to lease in Meath for cutting of silage. The land is pretty good. How much should I be charging for first cut or first cut+second cut?
    Thanks

You're selling the crop rather than leasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭20silkcut

I'd say he's leasing the crop of silage alright. Dump the ****e from the animals back in the field when he's finished with the silage .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

making 100-110 1st cut, 80 second cut down this way
    leasing for year is ranging between 150-180 now, got ground last week at 150.
    fair bit of ground for rent for silage, couldnt get a thing last year and have three calls this week offering silage sfp made a mess of rental market for last few years seems to be squaring out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

making 100-110 1st cut, 80 second cut down this way
    leasing for year is ranging between 150-180 now, got ground last week at 150.
    fair bit of ground for rent for silage, couldnt get a thing last year and have three calls this week offering silage sfp made a mess of rental market for last few years seems to be squaring out now

That must be up the country land down south would make at least 200 and up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭visatorro

Sam Kade wrote: »
    That must be up the country land down south would make at least 200 and up.

Talking to a biffo recently who got it hard to find someone to take 20 acres off him.
    Land around me still making 300. Combination of dairy men, mystery man and local business men who like a couple of bullocks. Most of the spud men have gone off the boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

dont know about up the country im down south, last year ground was making over 200 and up to 300 but back now

Advertisement