Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on second hand TRAX TR1 and TFS1

Options
  • 03-06-2016 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hey so i want to get a bike but i cant afford a new one. I am basically just looking for something to take me to the next county ( not too far ) which would take about 20 mins to cycle. I really just need something that will work properly, and wont break in half when im cycling. I have found a silver shockwave bike that apparantely keeps breaking so the seller was telling me he fixed the brake cables, and front wheel ( it was buckled) so its fine now. but it just sounded like it was breaking alot. the lowest he'd go is €40

another seller is offering a TRAX bike for €60. she says she bought them 3 years ago and was barely used ( oh i wonder why ;) ) Like ive seen pictures of them and they do look really new, but id be worried the chains are rusted etc. i want something thats literally ready to go not something i need to fix up or something that will break after a few months. She's selling a grey TR1 rigid mens mountain bike and the Trax TFS1.

Can i get opinions on the Trax bikes and shockwaves if possible? i think these are kind of my only options and so i am hoping to settle for one. Theyre not too expensive....at least

mucho appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Trax are total crap. Never heard of shockwave but they sound worse.

These are not bicycles, but Bicycle Shaped Objects. Google it!

Either will give you grief if used as transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chrislatch

I have a trax tfs1, its bad news. Super heavy, really cheap build. Gears always need indexing, wheels going out of true, my pedal broke recently. This is after about 2 years of using it to commute. I would steer clear and get something else if I were you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You'll only be buying someone else's rubbish at that price point.

You'd be better off saving a bit more and picking up a decent entry level hybrid.

Such as:

http://www.adverts.ie/hybrid-bikes/giant-hybrid-fully-serviced/10594529

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

You honestly couldn't buy anything worse than a Trax. Avoid like the plague.

Advertisement