Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alice Cooper as a Radio Presenter

• 03-06-2016 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭

It was announced today on Radio Nova that rock star Alice Cooper will be a presenter on this station from next Friday June 10th.

He is actually quite an experienced radio presenter, with syndicated shows around the world for a number of years. One of his shows used to be syndicated on Today FM back in 2006. In more recent years, I heard him on Planet Rock.

He is entertaining with his mix of classic rock tunes and his rock tales. Alice has the gift of the gab and is a good story teller.

Has anyone heard him presenting on radio before and on which stations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I remember Alice on today FM. It was okay as he played the music you'd expect from him. It obviously wasn't live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

His show has been syndicated on Irish radio much later than 2006 I thought? I'm sure I've listened to him more recently than 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Used to love his show. Didn't know it was still going tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

I used to listen to him on 96fm Perth it used be on for 5 hours.
    96fm Perth got took over I don't think he is there anymore.
    he used to the breakfast show on planet rock.
    what time is he going to be on at radio nova?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

He's starting this Friday coming (June 10th) at 7pm. I remember him on Saturdays on Today FM as well. The show on Nova will Be Nights With Alice Cooper, the same title as the Today FM show. I'm looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fantastic host very intelligent man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

ThisRegard wrote: »
    His show has been syndicated on Irish radio much later than 2006 I thought? I'm sure I've listened to him more recently than 10 years ago.

Was his show not played on Nova when it started? I know Rick Wakeman's one was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Saturday evenings was it not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I don't think Alice had a show on Nova before.
    Saturday evenings was it not?

No - I believe you are thinking about the show which was syndicated on Today FM on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I don't think Alice had a show on Nova before.

No - I believe you are thinking about the show which was syndicated on Today FM on Saturdays.

No, you're right. He never had a show on Nova before. It was just Rick Wakeman's show, which I believe was on on Saturday evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

More scripted trash with the word Nova replacing where it said Planet Rock...anyone can be knowlegable when its written down for you (right Marty).....plenty of Irish DJ's looking for jobs for 1/4 of what theyre paying that millionaire....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

People realise that Alice Cooper isn't being employed by Nova, right? That this will also be his syndicated show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Perhaps Nova could focus on paying their bills first?

People realise that Alice Cooper isn't being employed by Nova, right? That this will also be his syndicated show?

That's the assumption we're all working on. He'd be getting great airmiles for the commute all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

plenty of Irish DJ's looking for jobs for 1/4 of what theyre paying that millionaire....:rolleyes:

Syndicated shows cost buttons. 1/4 of the cost of that would probably not cover the transport costs in to Castleforbes of an evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Broadcastonfm

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's the assumption we're all working on. He'd be getting great airmiles for the commute all the same.

It's clearly a syndicated show and personally I'm not a great fan of them. Like Max I would have thought there were enough jocks out there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Broadcastonfm

L1011 wrote: »
    Syndicated shows cost buttons. 1/4 of the cost of that would probably not cover the transport costs in to Castleforbes of an evening.

Don't think Nova or anyone else pays transport costs

It's clearly a syndicated show

Yip, we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't think Nova or anyone else pays transport costs

I know. However, if you're being paid less than it costs you to get in you may as well not do the job, which was my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

L1011 wrote: »
    I know. However, if you're being paid less than it costs you to get in you may as well not do the job, which was my point.

Some people just love music so much they dont mind paying a few quid for the pleasure..to them its not a job...could be out playing golf..yikes:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement