Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resource on Everyday Lives

• 04-06-2016 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

This is an odd question but has anyone come across any resources to help with character details? If you want to be sure that details of a character are right / realistic, what do you do? eg what is a typical day for a judge, or a Chinese school student, or an onion farmer... etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I know there's a forum on the nanowrimo site for technical questions. I don't know the quality of the answers though. There's no substitute for the real thing, especially when it comes to lead characters. You could try other boards forums, for instance Farming. But please be sure to check the forum's charter before posting. Or ask a mod on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

rolando3 wrote: »
    This is an odd question but has anyone come across any resources to help with character details? If you want to be sure that details of a character are right / realistic, what do you do? eg what is a typical day for a judge, or a Chinese school student, or an onion farmer... etc?

If it's significant, ask one. As long as the question is specific, most people are fine about answering a quick email to ask something like what a judge does while not in the court itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

If I remember correctly, there's a section on the absolute write forum where you can appeal for people like this to confirm details. I'll see if I can find it...

Edit: Here it is! http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?66-Story-Research-Experts-and-Interviewees-Wanted&

Advertisement