Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght

Options
  • 04-06-2016 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just a quick question, filling out a form and it says tallaght central and tallaght south. Anyone know which areas of tallaght would be considerd central and south?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Bazinga__ wrote: »
    Just a quick question, filling out a form and it says tallaght central and tallaght south. Anyone know which areas of tallaght would be considerd central and south?

Might be easier to say where in tallaght you are tbh ,

To me central is the village so south would Watergate,maelruans,millbrook lawns etc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I would consider Tallaght central to be the original village and its immediate environs - The Square centre, the nearby apartments, Bancroft, Plaza hotel etc.

Tallaght South would be Oldbawn, Millbrook, Aylesbury, Kiltipper, Allendale.

Hope this helps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bazinga__

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I would consider Tallaght central to be the original village and its immediate environs - The Square centre, the nearby apartments, Bancroft, Plaza hotel etc.

Tallaght South would be Oldbawn, Millbrook, Aylesbury, Kiltipper, Allendale.

Hope this helps.:)

Great thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bazinga__

wiz569 wrote: »
    Might be easier to say where in tallaght you are tbh ,

To me central is the village so south would Watergate,maelruans,millbrook lawns etc

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Bazinga__ wrote: »

Really depends on the criteria used by the form setters, not the form fillers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

http://www.whoismytd.com/constituency/tallaght-south

http://www.whoismytd.com/constituency/tallaght-central

I'd say the criteria is based on the division for local elections as that's the only official use of those terms Tallaght Central and Tallaght South I think.

Here's maps of the areas but I don't know how reliable they are. Can't see anything official on the SDCC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Killinarden, Jobstown and so on have always been categorised as West Tallaght so taking the village, Bancroft etc as central, South would be Old Bawn, Aylesbury, Seskin View, Kiltipper etc.

Advertisement