Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Dartboard for Light Thrower?

• 04-06-2016 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice on the best dartboard to buy. In my case, not a serious player but I enjoy practising at home, going around the board in doubles, keeping records of different personal bests etc...
    The thing is, I would be quite a light thrower, so wondering if there is such a thing as a softer board, to minimise bounce-outs. Also, my darts tend to land at quite an upward angle, around 30 or 40 degrees. Sometimes when playing against others, you'd almost need a claw-hammer to remove their darts, so I assume there is no particular problem with my current board (or with the darts themselves).
    Finally, where is the best place to buy in the Dublin area? A couple of times I'd have bought a board, only to find that they'd develop a hard surface after only a short time. Maybe they would have been in storage in the shop for a long time? I would normally buy accessories etc. online, say from "Darts Corner", so would this be the best source?
    Any advice would be much appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

CUCINA wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on the best dartboard to buy. In my case, not a serious player but I enjoy practising at home, going around the board in doubles, keeping records of different personal bests etc...
    The thing is, I would be quite a light thrower, so wondering if there is such a thing as a softer board, to minimise bounce-outs. Also, my darts tend to land at quite an upward angle, around 30 or 40 degrees. Sometimes when playing against others, you'd almost need a claw-hammer to remove their darts, so I assume there is no particular problem with my current board (or with the darts themselves).
    Finally, where is the best place to buy in the Dublin area? A couple of times I'd have bought a board, only to find that they'd develop a hard surface after only a short time. Maybe they would have been in storage in the shop for a long time? I would normally buy accessories etc. online, say from "Darts Corner", so would this be the best source?
    Any advice would be much appreciated...

What board are you using at the moment?
    I buy the blade 4 from argos. At the moment the Blade 4 is €30 and Blade 4 Dual Core is €42.
    If you don't play that much, go with the Blade 4 (purely to save the €12), turn it regularly and it will last you months/years, depending on how often you use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Thanks for your reply...
    I was using the PRO-ECLIPSE board, and this is the one where the surface hardened quite quickly. Bought it in Elvery's, in Fonthill Ind Est, so I suspect it may have been in their store a long time.
    The best, longest lasting board I had was an old NODOR board given to me by a work colleague which I've used up to recently and that was better than any previous new board I had!
    I play/practice about five hours a week, so it might be worth paying the extra for the board you suggested.
    Thanks again, cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭statto25

This is based on my own experience I find the boards you buy in the likes of Argos and Elverys to be a substandard quality. It's like they are seconds boards and don't wear well at all. I buy from dartscorner and I stick to the eclipse pro like yourself but they seem to be a way better quality.

Advertisement