Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planted tomatoes early May

Options
  • 04-06-2016 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Am I foolish to think the plants I planted early May will not grow/ripen enough this year?
    They're growing well, but I'm afraid it's too late to put them in their grow bags now?
    I only have a small greenhouse so want to only use it for stuff that will actually grow :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

rustyzip wrote: »
    Am I foolish to think the plants I planted early May will not grow/ripen enough this year?
    They're growing well, but I'm afraid it's too late to put them in their grow bags now?
    I only have a small greenhouse so want to only use it for stuff that will actually grow :)

Why is it too late to put them in grow bags? You will have fruit. Are they normal plants or miniature ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Paulownia wrote: »
    Why is it too late to put them in grow bags? You will have fruit. Are they normal plants or miniature ones?

they are a dark tomato type that I grew from seed.
    I was just worried that everyone else says you need to plant the seed in Feb... so i am nearly three months late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

rustyzip wrote: »
    they are a dark tomato type that I grew from seed.
    I was just worried that everyone else says you need to plant the seed in Feb... so i am nearly three months late :)

They might not fruit until August but they will fruit. Put them in your bags and feed them from mid July and de shoot them.

Advertisement