Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lump on dogs jaw

• 04-06-2016 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, I am looking for anyone who has had a lump removed from their dogs jaw. My dog has a tumour, and the vet reckons it needs to be removed by taking off half his jaw. I wonder if anyone knows what I can expect afterwards? I just want to be as prepared as possible. The vet has advised me but I would prefer some advice from somebody with personal experience. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My dog had one almost 2 years ago. He's fine now - most people assume his tongue is just floppy and more observant ones will notice the teeth gone and be shocked when I explain what happened! The tongue was definitely not as floppy at the start but I guess the muscles just got weaker over time? He drools more now so I put a baby's bandana bib on him in the house to keep his chest and legs from getting too wet. :p
    He didn't have to get half removed - more like a quarter? They needed a margin on either side because while it was benign it was aggressive. Food wise he's raw fed so the first 3 months after surgery he had mince - I mixed water in for the first few weeks while he adjusted and then left it just mince. After the 3 months he we introduced harder treats and bones and he can generally eat anything my other girl can. The odd time he needs help if food is stuck around the edge of his bowl and will ask for help. He can't lift peas or have salmon oil mixed in because it makes everything too sticky and he can't have some treats say like cows ears - he chews them enough to swallow and then gets sick. He definitely favours raised bowls which he's always had at home but we're off to the park soon and he prefers me to lift the water bowls in the courtyard for him!
    Apart from that he's still the same Bailey! It was scary when it happened because it was all so quick - in a matter of weeks we'd seen this weird bruise, then he was getting biopsies and scans and a chunk of jaw removed! Our vet was amazed at him afterwards and said you could write a book about him lol!

Here's my thread on it - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057259120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Mine had the same got a part of his jaw removed but sadly a month later he died had a brain tumor too

Advertisement