Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Shed for Garden

Options
  • 04-06-2016 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a steel garden shed? Looking for roughly 10 x 10ft but could go smaller.

have looked at Steeltech but wondering is there better value to be found by shipping in flatpack from Germany or somewhere like that but which would have similar quality?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

10ft x 8ft second steel shed available, excellent condition. Good price too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

I have a steel tech shed, 10x10 and have it for about 5 years and it's in the same condition as the day I bought it. Worth every penny in my opinion.
    All you have to do is order it and show them where to put it. Job done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I wouldn't touch steeltech. I tried to order a shed for €6k from them last January and I was told there's a problem with production and they couldn't give me a delivery date within 3 months, and even then they couldn't guarantee delivery. I ordered from a cork company and had the shed within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭SuperO'B

How did the shed from the Cork company work out for you? similar price and quality?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Been pricing around a good bit myself for a shed lately.

I've honed on a company in Moylough in Galway who are supplying a free concrete floor on damp-course upon installation. With the floor included it's probably the most competitive I can find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Been pricing around a good bit myself for a shed lately.

I've honed on a company in Moylough in Galway who are supplying a free concrete floor on damp-course upon installation. With the floor included it's probably the most competitive I can find.

Looking at sheds myself, currently have a 12 x 8 wooden shed, has lasted about 15 yrs. Undecided about metal or wood.

Who did you look at in Moylough?

SuperO'B wrote: »
    How did the shed from the Cork company work out for you? similar price and quality?

Sorry SOB, I missed this earlier. It was O'Riordan sheds in Charleville, and I couldn't be happier with their service and quality. Pricewise they quoted me slightly cheaper (€300) than the price that Steeltech were telling me was a special offer! Blessing in disguise, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭SuperO'B

Sorry SOB, I missed this earlier. It was O'Riordan sheds in Charleville, and I couldn't be happier with their service and quality. Pricewise they quoted me slightly cheaper (€300) than the price that Steeltech were telling me was a special offer! Blessing in disguise, really.

Sounds like a good deal. Did it require a concrete base and did they do all installation for you?

Yes it needed a concrete base as it's 6m x 9m with a I'm overhang for firewood. My builder put in the base with a lip all round, and the O'Riordans did the rest.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

paulgalway wrote: »

Who did you look at in Moylough?

Finnish Sheds - They have a few ads on DoneDeal. Best off calling them for a quote though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

I wouldn't touch steeltech. I tried to order a shed for €6k from them last January and I was told there's a problem with production and they couldn't give me a delivery date within 3 months, and even then they couldn't guarantee delivery. I ordered from a cork company and had the shed within 2 weeks.

Hardly a reason to say you wouldn't touch them becuase they were obviously too busy, I'd be more wary of someone who could put one in tomorrow. In my experience, the busy company or tradesman is often the better one and that why they are busy.

Directly from the salesman, they overstretched themselves through their various outlets and manufacturing couldn't fulfil orders and were leaving clients hanging. (I was grateful to him for being so honest up front, saved me a lot of heartache). Another intimated they had cash flow problems because of it. Coupled with the fact that they were duping people with their "special price" means yes, I wouldn't go next nor near them ever again. You work away though.:)

Advertisement