Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong smell of cannabis

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭mulbot

FortySeven wrote: »
    I have used an apartment as a growhouse in the past. In my less civilised days. They are better than a standalone house as there are so many people moving around nobody bats an eyelid. Try moving growing equipment into a detached house. The neighbours would be all over it.

Not from my experience-nobody notices or cares what comes in my house(detached), I've lived in Canada in an apartment,the smell of a bag of weed used to fill up the whole floor if i left it out of the freezer for ten minutes-Couldn't even imagine what growing it would smell like in an apartment,even with proper exhaust,filters etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Exactly-pure stupid to even try growing in an apartment

mulbot wrote: »
    Exactly-pure stupid to even try growing in an apartment

Stupid would be a fair description of most criminals. The iq average in a prison is very, very low.

FortySeven wrote: »
    Stupid would be a fair description of most criminals. The iq average in a prison is very, very low.

The smart ones grow in detached houses:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Living in apartments means having neighbours close. Learn to ignore what they are doing or you won't have a moments peace. failing that move to a detached house in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Concerned that everyone's first thought is to ring the cops ffs.

What?! To report crimes. Whatever next, ringing the fire brigade to put out fires?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

OP here I have to say i'm a bit overwhelmed about the sheer number of replies.

Ok first of all I don't actually live in an apartment I live in a terraced house with my garage on one side and a house on the other side which belongs to a woman and her young kid. The property in question is a apartment next to the garage which is situated above a closed down shop. The only access to the apartment is through a closed gate so rapping the door is out of question.

Tbh I haven't noticed many people walking into the apartment only noticed a man in his mid 40s and a mate of his walking in and out of the apartment a few times. However at night i'd quite often hear a car pull up and leave there engine on for about 40 mins (again not too sure whether the person is going to and from the apartment)

The smell is alot more stronger in the mornings and is confined to the upstairs of my house and the hallway of my house. Again the smell is really strong and is noticeably stronger when passing the apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What?! To report crimes. Whatever next, ringing the fire brigade to put out fires?

Smoking some weed is not really a crime in the eyes of most right minded individuals.

Sometimes the law is wrong.

As regards this thread, the OP needs to clarify if it is a constant 'overpowering' smell or not. I smoked a good bit of weed in my day and even just smoking a few doobs a day cold reak the place out.

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »

Ok first of all I don't actually live in an apartment I live in a terraced house with my garage on one side and a house on the other side which belongs to a woman and her young kid. The property in question is a apartment next to the garage which is situated above a closed down shop. The only access to the apartment is through a closed gate so rapping the door is out of question.

Tbh I haven't noticed many people walking into the apartment only noticed a man in his mid 40s and a mate of his walking in and out of the apartment a few times. However at night i'd quite often hear a car pull up and leave there engine on for about 40 mins (again not too sure whether the person is going to and from the apartment)

The smell is alot more stronger in the mornings and is confined to the upstairs of my house and the hallway of my house. Again the smell is really strong and is noticeably stronger when passing the apartment.

Well then say it to him,maybe he is growing a plant,no big deal,he could be just a normal decent person doing it(not everyone who uses cannabis are seasoned hard criminals),that will leave him to do something about it if it's what he's doing and then no more smell-problem over

• Advertisement

Does sound fairly suspicous to be honest. A
    Smell shouldnt really be noticable if its a guy just smoking a bit of weed in a seperate abode.

The movements of the occupants sound a bit dodgy too.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Does sound fairly suspicous to be honest. A
    Smell shouldnt really be noticable if its a guy just smoking a bit of weed in a seperate abode.

The movements of the occupants sound a bit dodgy too.

Yea,cos people don't normally enter into apartments or houses unless they're upto something:rolleyes:

mulbot wrote: »
    Yea,cos people don't normally enter into apartments or houses unless they're upto something:rolleyes:

That's just in combination with a really strong smell in the inside of a separate house. That is very unusual.

Ive known people who have grown a few plants and/ or smoked constantly and you would not have smelled a thing outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

So I grew up as the daughter of someone who grew at home and was a strong weed smoker. He used to have a little grow room in his apartment only for his own supply. We (my sister and I) weren't allowed to talk about it at all but once you came on his apartment floor you've been able to smell it. Whenever I visited my dad the smell was so strong I was disgusted as a kid. And it lasted til today. I'm very sensitive when it comes to weed smoke because it just makes my sick.
    If it would come from my neighbor's apartment, I'd definitely do something. Depending on if I've seen the people living there before I'd mention it. But I would do something. Simple as that: it's a strong smell for you, you live in this house with a kid, you don't want it.

I just want to wish you all the best and I hope this will stop soon.

It's a growhouse op. The timing of the smell would correspond with the end of the light cycle. The lights build up heat and cause the smell to intensify. I was a serious stoner most of my life and would never generate a smell like that, especially in the mornings.

It sounds like the car is there at night to maintain the plants. Darkness is as important as light in cultivation and so maintenance has to be done during the lights on cycle, typically 12 hours on 12 hours off during flowering stage or 24 to 18 hours on in vegetative growth stage. Sounds like they are running the lights at night and the morning is the end of the cycle. Probably to try to keep temps down during the day.

If it was a serious gang it would typically be an asian woman tending them. A 40 year old man would suggest a small gang or an individual grow.

Are there curtains constantly drawn or windows blocked? Any visible vents?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If you have concerns, drop in to your local Garda station and let them know. They will investigate.

Mod note: Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement