Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TeamViewer possible security breach

Options
  • 04-06-2016 1:01pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought I'd post this here as I'm sure I'm not alone to be using TV to remotely access family member machines to help fix and resolve issues. Many TV user are expieriencing unauthorized access where thieves are spending money via Paypal and also dumping and taking the contents of users browser saved passwords.
    More details here.
    The timing would perfectly coincide with the massive Linkdin security breach however some users are stating they were affected and had a completely different linkedin password.
    I wasn't affected, fortunately, but until I know more I have shutdown TeamViewer on my own system for the time being, and others.
    It is also a good time to check to ensure you are not reusing passwords, and create a unique password for each website/service that you use.
    I use Keepass to store all my website logons these days, and breaches like this just go to show the importance this is.

Nick

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've been getting e-mails prompting for something along the lines of friends requests via team viewer. I'd expect that's how these people got access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

old news

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

excollier wrote: »
    old news

Possibly so, but I only heard about it yesterday after a colleague told me.

Advertisement